Passport arrived, now trip planning

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DCphoto

Passport arrived, now trip planning

Post by DCphoto »

I just got my new passport and trying to get away in June. We have about 125,000 starwood points to use and plenty of miles. I'm deperate for a vacation. Missed going to Colorado skiing due to work and anxious to get away from DC. We were thinking Sheraton Cable Beach resort Paradise Island Bahamas. Mixed reviews on Trip advisor. Was thinking we could check out Atlantis resort while we were there. We like to gamble a little bit also. Kinda addicted to Black Jack. Any thoughts, I know it's not St. John, we have that booked for Dec. Just looking for a quick get away using points.

Thanks,

Sandy
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Sorry DC I don't have any pesonal experience BUT do know people that have stayed @ Atlantis and come back raving. Years ago, like around 20, I worked with someone that stayed on Cable Beach and had a great time. May have been the Sheraton too.

Haven't tried the Bahamas yet, but is a must seeing as we're only a jump away now. I say just about anywhere is good outa town and awaay from the daily grind.

Whatever you decide have a blast!! Have you visited Bermuda before? LOVE that place, no gambling though and a different air about it compared to the Caribbean. Nice and close to you though.

I have 2 vouchers on Spirit for airfare so hubs and I are thinking that we'll go over for the 1st time later in the year. We'd most definately stay out around Paradise Island, so if you go, please report back!

Enjoy the weekend,
Kathy
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey Sandy - It's been about 10 yrs. since I was in the Bahamas, but we stayed at Cable Beach (the Marriott, which I wouldn't recommend unless they've re-done it!). I really liked Cable Beach. It's "resorty" but what isn't? At that time, there was a neat "straw market" (I think that's what they called it) across the street. You have to take a taxi to get into downtown Nassau and over to Paradise Island, so it's not real convenient to shopping (except the straw market). We had a fabulous time there. For a wonderful day, check out Island World Adventures for a day trip to a private island in the Exuma Cays. http://www.islandworldadventures.com/exuma.html It's a little pricey, but I can put it down as one of those perfect days in my memory book, right next to Stingray City in Grand Cayman. But, like I said, it was 10 yrs. ago and I hadn't been to STJ yet, so I might not be as impressed as I once was, but I still count it in my top 5 fabulous days!

Whatever you do, have a super time! We loved it there!
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

Thanks for your suggestions. I've been spoiled by St. John also. I will not go in the ocean unless it is turquoise color now and clear visibility. I hope it is nice, and looking forward to doing some snorkeling. I'll write a trip report when we get back.

Sandy
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

The Bahamas was my first in-person experience with turquoise water and snorkeling. All my life I wanted to see & do that. Maybe that's one reason the trip was so special to me. I remember sitting on the boat to the Exuma Cays and looking into the water and marveling that it was such a bitchin' color! You'll have a great time! 8)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:16 am.