Any Virginia Forumites going to the Beer Fest this Saturday

Travel discussion for St. John
Bill in Va

Any Virginia Forumites going to the Beer Fest this Saturday

Post by Bill in Va »

Yo...Any Forumites going to the Beer Fest at Belle Grove Plantation in Middletown this Saturday? I'll be wearing my yellow St John Dive hat and a smile knowing I'm 33 days from getting on the plane to STT/STJ....God bless..Bill
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...
RickG

Post by RickG »

We're going to miss that one since we are judging a beer competition in Sterling that day.

Another one to check out is the Vintage 50 NoVAFest at Moravan Park, Leesburg VA June 21-22 2008. My brewpub partner Bill Madden is organizing that one. Regrettably, we'll be in Cincinnati for the National Homebrewers Conference those days.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Bill: We did not know about it. We are finishing our hardwood installation project in our bedroom. Would much rather be at a beer fest. Enjoy.
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

Rick -- where in Sterling and when is the beer competition? That is right in my back yard...

Eric
RickG

Post by RickG »

lbrlwyr wrote:Rick -- where in Sterling and when is the beer competition? That is right in my back yard...

Eric
It's actually at the Old Dominion Brewing Company, but not open to the public. This is one of those "Beer Judge Certification Program" sanctioned blind judging events. Oh so serious. It is a haven of hardcore geeks - http://www.bjcp.org/index.php

I get to make fun of it since I made my Master Judge ranking this year. Now all I have to do is drink to get my promotion to Grand Master.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

We went to it last year. A guy I work with was in the second band that played that day. We had a great time but it took forever to get there....over 3 hours up interstate 81.

Jo Ann
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Old Dominionn is where hubby and I have our date night on Fridays. So romantic. :wink: