DELETED

Travel discussion for St. John
lavender

Beach to beach swim

Post by lavender »

My husband and daughter both did it a couple of years ago - my husband is an Ironman athlete and my daughter was on her high school's swim team - both accomplished swimmers. They found out about it through another triathlete friend that actually lives on ST John and she invited them to join the fun. It seemed like a very friendly welcoming group that did the swim and all in all my husband and daughter enjoyed it. It was very rough once they got out of the Maho cove and that made it a little tough but they do have lots of kayakers paddling with the swimmers in case anyone gets in trouble. The only thing that my daughter didn't like was the feeling that she might see something scary at any moment (like a barracuda, shark, you know all those scary ocean things!!). All in all they had a fun time though and I am sure they would do it again .
Dave-a-roni

Post by Dave-a-roni »

This looks awesome. I'd try for atleast the mid level one. Wow though, the long swim at 3.5 miles is a long swim. I remember doing a mile swim (several actually, all separate) back in the boy scout days, and those took a while, 3.5 would be tough.
Go for it! I'd go about it not caring to win, but just for the experience.

Dave 8)
"Try to preserve nature where you live, not just where you visit"

Photo's
2008 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave-a-ron ... 118102515/
2005 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave-a-ron ... 326642810/
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Yikes! :shock: We are going to be on STJ at that time and my roommate has done some competitive swimming before. I was telling her about it but we have a day trip on Saturday and it looks like that is when the meeting is being held. Who knows maybe we will just come to watch and be forum cheerleaders. Go Team!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:58 pm.