St. John Brewers beer- can anyone mail me some?

Travel discussion for St. John
Robbo

St. John Brewers beer- can anyone mail me some?

Post by Robbo »

Hi Everyone!

My wife and I are hosting a microbrew party in a few weeks, and i thought it would be nice to kick the party off with some of St. John Brewer's finest....the only catch is, i can't find any in or around Chicago. Does anyone know where i can get some shipped from, or...does anyone feel like mailing me some fresh from STJ? Any would be great, but i've yet to try "Frozen Cistern"...

I'd, of course, pre-paypal you the money for the beer, shipping, (and a 6-pack for yourself, of course!), not hold you liable if the shipping co siezes the package, and i'd be glad to sponsor a night of drinking when/if we make it out in Nov.

PM me or respond to this thread if you can help me out.

Thanks!

Robbo
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

You can order Virgin Islands Pale Ale from Bevmo online.

http://www.bevmo.com/productlist.asp?Nt ... ands&Nty=1

I have a hard time finding it at our local Bevmo as it sells out almost the minute they stock the shelves!
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

drat, they can't ship to illinois! i was so hopeful, too!

oh well...back to the drawing board.

r
17th Hole

Post by 17th Hole »

I'm totally shooting from the hip here, but I wonder if Gary from Mixology could help you out. Anyone know if it'd be worth a phone call? Does he do stuff like this?
A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I tried Cheech a couple of months ago and he said the were working on moving sales in from the coasts but each state they have to get oked from.
mathayom

Post by mathayom »

Give em a call or contact them through the website at:

www.stjohnbrewers.com
Mat the Caterer, Private Chef and Drummer
RickG

Post by RickG »

Illinois is a wierd state. They previously allowed shipping from merchants from states that had reciprocal agreements. Now only wine shipped directly from the winery is allowed. So, technically, no legal beer shipping.

I ship homebrew all of the time. UPS does not ask questions. I recommend bubblewrap for each bottle and packing peanuts.

But, no St. John Brewers' beers in Virginia. Any Maine folks out there? Their two mainstays are brewed at Shipyard.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI