Construction Noise on Gifft Hill

Travel discussion for St. John
snorkelqueen

Construction Noise on Gifft Hill

Post by snorkelqueen »

We'll be on Gifft Hill in July and since we've never stayed up there before I am wondering about contruction noise. Even staying on Great Cruz Bay the last couple of years we could hear the earth movers at the "big projects" if the wind was right but it was never an issue. So will we hear heavy machinery or just roosters and cows ???
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

when I was there in Nov. I could hear some hammering off in the distance but never anything bothersome.
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

mbw1024 wrote:when I was there in Nov. I could hear some hammering off in the distance but never anything bothersome.
i'll second this statement. we were also there in november with no noise problems. granted, we were in VGE...but there is an equal amount of construction going on in there, i think.

r
ready4paradise

Post by ready4paradise »

Hi!

Just got back from Cloud 9 on Gifft Hill. We didn't hear any noise at all. Just the frogs at night and I love to hear them.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

We were at Seawatch in June while they were doing finishing touches on Skyway and even though saws were going first thing in the morning, it really didn't phase us but then again, around here I think we are all numb to construction sounds :? :)