Looks like airfare from ORD to STT took a dip

Travel discussion for St. John
chicagoans

Looks like airfare from ORD to STT took a dip

Post by chicagoans »

I've been tracking flights from ORD to STT on Kayak and Yapta, and they just took a dip for most months. Just wanted to post in case anyone can take advantage of it!

It's snowing here... wish I could book those flights.
sherban

Post by sherban »

Thanks for the heads up

I also received an alert that direct from CLT to STT in June has dropped. I'm still holding out though...

I've seen prices starting to move a bit for summer flights...
sitter

Post by sitter »

Yea....it I could GET to Chicago to get on a flight....we may get 12" of snow today....sure would be nice to be ANYWHERE south right about now!
I know Milwaukee airport is closed today....now sure about ORD.
sherban

Post by sherban »

YES! That's it, we just purchased our tickets.

Two round trip direct/non-stop CLT to STT 6/21-6/28 for $1029 with all fees. Not as cheap as I want but good enough.

I'll guess pricess come down a bit more before June but we're done gambling.

We're ready to roll now.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Picked up tix last week for a family of five for August via Continental non-stop from Newark to STT for $278 per person. Yes $278!!!! It was $230 without taxes and fees. Sweet!

Last Sept or Oct picked up tix for STT via American from NY JFK to STT via PR at $296 for the second week of April.... kid's spring break. Can't wait!!!!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

sherban
6/28 is when we are landing if you leave around 2pm that when we come in

Booked last Nov on AA $351 round trip from Boston
Robbo

Re: Looks like airfare from ORD to STT took a dip

Post by Robbo »

chicagoans wrote:I've been tracking flights from ORD to STT on Kayak and Yapta, and they just took a dip for most months. Just wanted to post in case anyone can take advantage of it!

It's snowing here... wish I could book those flights.
we keep getting closer and closer... just waiting to see if stacey gets a new job. when she does, i book. i just hope airfare stays down for a few more weeks until she's signed the contract at the new place!. then i can add my countdown to my .sig. until then, i just wait...

r
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

We’re going to STJ in June (flying ORD to STT on United). We bought our tickets last October and paid $437 each. I’ve been watching our flights and a few weeks ago they were up to around $950. Now they’re back down to $585.

We usually buy our plane tickets around February for a June, July, or August vacation, but had we waited until then for this year’s trip, I would have been wetting my pants over the prospect of paying almost $1000 each for our flights. It would have been really nerve-racking to wait it out, so I’m glad we bought earlier than usual for our annual summer trip.

$437 is the most we’ve ever paid, with the least being around $350 or so 4 or 5 years ago.