Compass Point Restaurant and Bar.

Travel discussion for St. John
mcpenguin5

Compass Point Restaurant and Bar.

Post by mcpenguin5 »

I was wondering if anyone has eatten at the Compass Rose Restaurant. It looks interesting, and I thought that our grandson might like the Miniature Golf there. We will be on St. John during Thanksgiving Week, and are starting to plan things to do and places to go. Any reviews out there?
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Welcome to the forum.

We had apps and cocktails one evening; they were good. It is a fairly good sunset view; a few poles get in the shots.

My husband and I played a round of golf - it was fun. It's a neat little course and you learn a little STJ history along the way. I'm sure your grandson will enjoy it.
janet
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

Definitly give it a try. Its casual, has a very large round bar in the center, large screen TV's if you're a sports fan. The food is good. I had the fish and chips, pasta and dinner size salads. The bar tender made a great Dark & Stormy.
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

I've enjoyed Compass Rose immensely since Wally took over the restaurant a year or so ago. I used to think it was just average but the seafood dishes are all excellent as are the appetizers. There's a pizza night once or twice a week as well. Very relaxed little spot...
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

I think I have eaten there on each of my last 4 trips. It's not "over the top" fabulous, but it's consistently good, very pretty restaurant and landscaping, good food with reasonable prices, great view at sunset, and very good drinks.

I imagine some folks may be a little put off when they first drive up to it....it's location and the herds of goats that tend to be in the parking lot could be a little bit of a deterrent for some. However, once you walk through the banana trees and step inside, it's all good.

Also, if you decide to play golf and you find a hot pink ball lodged somewhere that it looks like it would be impossible to even hit a ball into....that's mine. :D
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Just another recommendation for Compass Rose! We decided to try it on our last trip and it is a little crazy getting into the parking lot, but the bar area is so pretty at night. We ate outside and the it was such a nice spot. We enjoyed the food a great deal and will definitely go back! The prices are decent too.
latuller

Post by latuller »

Where is this place located?
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

latuller wrote:Where is this place located?
Its at Pastory Gardens. Take Centerline out of Cruz Bay past the Frito Lay Truck just after the road bends left, it will be on your right. Go into the drive and then bear left and up. It looks rough from the outside, some netting which I understand was a project never completed.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
mcpenguin5

Post by mcpenguin5 »

Thanks so much everyonw! It sounds like just the ticket for us. We will have to check it out when we are there. I think all five of us will get a charge out of it.
mcpenguin5

Post by mcpenguin5 »

By the way, SaltyDog, I hope your Fluffy is okay. I have had pets over the years, and they own a piece of your heart. Let us know what the vet says.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:19 pm.