Rick G

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
linne

Post by linne »

I don’t really know if the discussion Bandit brought up is serious or not? Sometimes I can be insecure of the American humour. But if it is a serious discussion, I would like to give my opinion.
When I was a lurker, I felt that you were like a family here, and I wouldn’t have been a member if not I have had a PM from Waterguy (I have told this before).

Now I’m posting topics myself, and I like when people respond, also if it’s only a short message.
It means that they show an interest in me. But of course I like most, if I can see from the answer that they really have read the topic!!!

But I think, that some of the topics for example the one with photos, should have been placed in the off topic forum. Perhaps other lurkers, like me, feel the same about you/us being very familiar and for that reason don’t like to participate.

Just my thoughts!

Linne
MrB

Re: Top 10 Posters

Post by MrB »

Bandit wrote:Keeping a tally on the Top 10 Posters is one of a few reasons why I don't post here much anymore.
Say it!!
Bandit wrote:There is so much clutter and chatting back and forth among a some of you that could be done by using the Private Message feature of this Forum.
SAY IT!
Bandit wrote:There are numerous "threadjacks" and the Forum has developed a "clique" I suppose. No big deal there but there are a couple of Posters that obviously don't have anything much to do with their time except run up their post count, especially with little short replies or comments.
PREACH ON BROTHER!!
Bandit wrote:Let's all remember what this Forum is about and that Anthony has put in a huge amount of work to provide it for us and others that love (or will love) the USVI. It isn't about post counts and who's Number One, who's in a sammich between whom, or any of that. It's about information, answering questions, and helping others like we were helped. I realize this is in the Off Topic Section but I think it applies here too. Just my two cents. Carry on.
Bandit

AMEN! and Hallelujah (<--I had to google how to spell that)!!!!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I wasn't going to say anything, because I like to keep Peace and I am here for information and to have fun.
However, the off topic forum is for OFF topics, right?
So if we keep it that way, what is the big deal?
I agree with everything Flip-Flop and Pia said.

I have found a lot of good friends here that get it. A lot of my conversations are PM's and e-mails. No one is getting hurt. What is wrong with fun? I was happy to see Jorge return to give me some laughs.

If people want just USVI info, don't visit the off topic forum. Why would anyone read the thread labeled RickG if they don't like these kind of posts?
That's just my 2 cents and I'd never say this in person.

Life is too short to be crabby. Let's just have fun!
However, I do think that we should keep the off topics on this forum, for example the picture one.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I have had a pretty horrible day and I was trying very hard to hold back on my true feelings, but I am not going to.
Apparently some regular posters feel the same way as Bandit,which,I have to say, is a bit surprising.

We don't bash other members or make fun of their posts. We don't make fun of newbies that ask the same questions, we answer them. They are a few VI boards that do snap at new posters and publicly call out people for posting a non-VI topic, so if you enjoy the rules driven forums, I encourage you to start visiting them.

If you don't like a post, Walk on by. You can call it a clique all you want, some of the people on this board are my friends and I don't really care if people don't like that.

I will continue to post as I have been and I will make no apologies for it. I know that I have been a helpful contributing member of this (and the prior) forum and will continue with that until Anthony tells me otherwise.

~Xislandgirl
Proud memmber of the Top 10
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Bandit,
Are you Kidding?
Are you Kenny Chesney?
-Ruth
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

As you can see from my posts I am not even close to the top 10. I enjoy all of the posts and will continue to read them as I choose. There is so much I have learned about the people who post here. I only know a couple personally but feel as if I know all of them by their posts. There are so many helpful people on this forum. They are always welcoming to newbies and remember each others happy and sad times. They are here to help in so many ways. For example look at what Augie did for the benefit for the owner of the Ocean Grill and what about the gifts so many sent down for the children of STJ at Christmas time. I'm happy that Anthony set up the off topic forum. How can anyone be upset if the postings on food, photos etc. are on a separate board. Just bypass them.
I look forward to meeting up with some of the forumites in the near future and when I do I will feel as if I know each of them personally.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Wow! Everyone is getting fired up over this one. I'm far from top 10 too!! (can we do top 20?? :wink: ....kidding!!)
I have gotten so much valuable information from this forum! I think it is great for newbies too. I do agree that the "picture" topic should probably be moved to "Off Topic", thought it is a fun topic for some of us frequent posters.
Image[/url]
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

The more I think about this thread, the more contradictions I find in your post, Bandit, and I just can't keep quiet anymore.
Bandit wrote: There are numerous "threadjacks"
Regarding "threadjacks" (I mentioned this earlier in one of my short posts designed to up my numbers). Didn't you do just that by jacking waterguy's thread, which was only intended as fun, to lodge your own complaint? Shouldn't you have started a new thread for that?
Bandit wrote: It's about information, answering questions, and helping others like we were helped.

If my memory serves me correctly, I don't believe I've ever seen you post anything regarding "information," "answering questions," or "helping others." It seems every time you post it's something caustic or something designed to make people think you're Kenny Chesney. I know there are lots of people on this forum who think that's funny, but I find it very tiresome. Old joke. Move on.
augie

Post by augie »

Bandit wrote:
Let's all remember what this Forum is about and that Anthony has put in a huge amount of work to provide it for us and others that love (or will love) the USVI.
Good point. Let's let Anthony decide what's appropriate and what's not
Bandit wrote:I realize this is in the Off Topic Section but I think it applies here too.

Then what, pray tell is the Off Topic forum (added by Anthony by the way, as a way to address some of your complaints and still provide a forum for some of the friends here to discuss things not USVI related)for?
Come see us!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I wasn'y going to get in on this but everyone do you know you are doing just what he wants.
Tom
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Yeah, Tom, he just likes to stir up trouble and then sit back and watch the fireworks. I'm sorry he "threadjacked" your fun thread. I was enjoying it.
LMG

Post by LMG »

Interesting turn of events. I had to go back through my posts and make sure that everything I said was relevant. Except for that time someone dared me to start a certain thread, I think I've been "good." Ha.

Now, if people would just stop sending messages telling me "those sharks never come after people" things would be swell.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Can you blame the shark he just want a little attention :D :shock:
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

California Girl wrote:Yeah, Tom, he just likes to stir up trouble and then sit back and watch the fireworks. I'm sorry he "threadjacked" your fun thread. I was enjoying it.
Well, I'm not sure that you are in a position to know what Bandit likes or doesn't like. But, given that we are speculating, maybe he was getting tired of reading over 2000 posts that primarily center on flirting with women on the board. Maybe he thought that was getting old.

I dunno, I'm not Bandit. I'm just speculating.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air