Rick G

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Xislandgirl

Re: Top 10 Posters

Post by Xislandgirl »

Bandit wrote: Keeping a tally on the Top 10 Posters is one of a few reasons why I don't post here much anymore. Bandit
I thought that the reason you didn't post here was because you were so busy on tour. :roll:
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Bandit, I knew there was a reason why I loved you. You are so much like my husband.

Speaking of which, when are you and Pam going to be on island? May we do our double secret meeting cocktail hour again?

(for those of you who don't know, Pam is KC's TRUE love)

Luv ya,

Marcia Ann
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Ah, Bandit. You do piss vinegar, don't you. Love it.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Make Peace not war!

Now back to the original subject, the villa for the top ten posters. After reviewing the list of participants, it seems like we would have some great food and beverage with that group!! :D
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Bandit, you don't show up often, but when you do, you sure know how to make an entrance..... :lol: ....and I'll admit you make some good points.
jmq

Post by jmq »

This has to be one of the more welcoming, less snarky and non-flame throwing forums around.

That said, Bandit does have a point of view or impression that may be shared by others. Certainly the forum continues to evolve and can seem much more “chummy” than yrs ago. The trick is to be chummy and friendly without seeming to be clique-ish or exclusive.

The Off Topic section has and will continue to help keep the travel section more focused. And I bet that lots of folks do take topics off line via tons of PMs that we aren’t even aware of.

Some things that maybe we should consider in the Travel section might be NOT to chime in on a topic unless you have close to first hand knowledge of something or can at least cite other folks or sources who might. Thread hijacks or cracking jokes/riffing on a topic can be fun (I’ve certainly done my share), but maybe we should try not to do it until after the original question has been adequately addressed.

I think that in general, we do these things, but I know that I have to remind myself of them and, even though I do like the sound of my own “voice”, I do try to stop myself from posting superfluous replies in an effort keep down the clutter that a newbie may be trying to cut through.

Any other thoughts on this welcome.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Pia

Post by Pia »

OK as I am "tied" I needed to respond :)
Last edited by Pia on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pia

Post by Pia »

But obviously not all in one thread (do it to be annoying to some you know :) )
Pia

Post by Pia »

I love this forum as it has to be the friendliest of all - and you have to agree I think we all try to answer all questions without the rude, snarky answers - you know the "do a search" answers that other forums give and try to make all fee welcome - I think we do a good job.

There is soooooo much info given here and I hope all readers like the format and "family" feel but, if you don't, you know where the other forums are - ohhhh does that sound like a reply I would give on one of the other ones - I think so :wink: :lol: :D - see you over there sometime Bandit :D

Luv ya all

Pia
Pia

Post by Pia »

And with that I think I'm in on the party :D

Pia
Pia

Post by Pia »

Ooohhhhh - I just realized this is the "Off Topic" forum (duh) so what was the issue again :?: :?: :?:

Pia
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Hello my name is Flip-Flop and I am a top 10 poster.

In all seriousness, I don't post to increase my numbers. I am somewhat embarrassed by the high number of posts I have and have even reined it in a bit. I seem to go into overdrive when I have a trip coming up soon which unfortunately, I don't right now.

I TRY (try being the operative word) to post when I have something to say or someone has asked me something directly. Sure there are a lot of "me toos" or other less substantive posts, but that’s the nature of the beast.

Taking topics offline to pms is a fine line as often the rest of us might not ask the question but may learn from the answers. Newbies and old timers often throw out something that is very valuable, that I would have NEVER thought to ask myself. I see the forum as a useful tool for keeping up with STJ as we all know how quickly things can change. What was accurate last week might not be this week.

I would rather wade through the clutter than see a chilling effect on the regulars here who for the most part offer SO much, in such a friendly and open manner, all while having a little fun and building a great community along the way.
California Girl

Re: Top 10 Posters

Post by California Girl »

Bandit wrote: There are numerous "threadjacks"
And this thread started out as..... :?: :roll: