Rick G

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Jayseadee and Coden, If one of us wins, can we share one king size bed in the free villa? WHOOPS, Im not supposed to flirt with women on the forum. :shock:
OK, how about a comfy chaise lounge by the pool?
Coden

Post by Coden »

LysaC - I hope Jorge didn't leave for good! :roll:

Ksea - we'll share, we'll share!! I'll cook and you can clean. :D
Coden
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

DEAL :D
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

[/lurk]I had to turn off my cloaking device for this thread... I'm sitting here watching the weather forecast (-10 tonight, 6" of snow tomorrow if you're curious) and a post by Augie on the BBQ Brethren forum reminded that I had been neglecting my St. John friends. So I stop by and read this thread and I am sitting here chuckling. This one thread has everything that people who dislike forums dislike about them :roll: We have frivolous posts (which are my favorites), OT posts, threadjacks, bickering, post pumping and long-winded posts like mine :lol:. It's a classic thread!

On the BBQ Brethren forum we used to have post counts displayed under everyone's names and some folks seemed to be more worried about raising their post count than contributing to the forum. We did two things... We hid the post counts (like they are here) and we made only posts in the on-topic forums count towards the total. Off-topic forum posts (jokes, etc.) aren't counted in the official post counts. Since those changes folks have lost the focus on hitting the next milestone and generally contribute more to the discussion, both on topic and off topic. We still celebrate our milestones when they happen, but most of the time the milestone has past before someone notices it (I recently passed 4000 official posts, and have somewhere north of 6000 total including the off topic ones) and I'm not even close to the top 5 :roll:

Oh yeah... Hi everyone! :D
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
augie

Post by augie »

To keep this thread wandering off topic while simultaneously increasing my post count, I have to say this - welcome back Ron and...Happy Birthday ( a little late, but since it's frozen where you are I'm sure the date will "keep").

:wink:
Come see us!
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:The last two pages of this thread pretty much proved his point. If he were my client, I would suggest that he rest his case and let the evidence speak for itself.
Ditto. Except I would say the last 8 pages. Geez, I guess this is the thread that just won't die. I have an idea. Maybe someone should start an OT thread called "The Offical Increase Your Post Count Thread." That way, the rest of us can go on about our business.
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

(Does not apply to this forum)

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the technical section
2 to argue that it belonngs in the general section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Yehguafm wrote:(Does not apply to this forum)

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the technical section
2 to argue that it belonngs in the general section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
Me Too!! LMAO!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm bad. :twisted: Just need to laught today.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

VickiH wrote: Maybe someone should start an OT thread called "The Offical Increase Your Post Count Thread." That way, the rest of us can go on about our business.
I'm sorry, I just don't get it. Other than the silly postings on this thread, has anyone ever really just posted to increase their count? That's ridiculous... who gives a rat's ass how many posts anyone has? I never even look at the number by someone's name. Yep, I'm right up there, but not because it's some kind of contest, but because in the beginnings of this "new" forum I was helping everyone else learn how to reply to or start a thread and how to post pictures. But I have never posted just to get my somewhat embarrassing numbers up. It's just plain stupid to think such a thing of anyone. What's the point of having the most posts? In fact it would never even be an issue if Bandit hadn't decided to threadjack this thread to make his whiney complaint.

I would like to compliment Yehguafm on an extremely creative post! Now can we just please let this die?
Thanks.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:08 pm.