Starbucks

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

Starbucks

Post by California Girl »

Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Me TOO! My niece is a Starbucks manager, and after many lessons, I still dont get it! I buy my coffee at McDonalds or Sunoco :roll:
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

TOO Funny. I am a venti girl myself. Like I said on another thread, I have a bit of a starbucks problem. There is one a block from my office. It is not a good thing, but it is what it is. At least its not heroin.
California Girl

In my neighborhood, there's a drive-thru Starbucks just 1/2 block from a walk-in one! I guess they had to build another one, 'cause you'd wait in line 20 minutes just to get a house coffee in the morning! :shock: :roll: :lol: (uh, grande.)
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

DRIVEthru. I am so jealous. Actually, its best that mine requires walking. The parking situation is no good so I have to REALLY be jonesing to go get one. As it is I hit it at least 3x a week!
California Girl

The next time you visit California, I'll take you to the Drive-thru Starbucks! :D
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

California Girl wrote:The next time you visit California, I'll take you to the Drive-thru Starbucks! :D
YES! That alone is reason to visit again!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Ja funny. My 10 year old knows the whole lingo and can order a 3000 calorie vanilla bomb with extra yak butter. Me, I'm cantankerous (I don't do well without coffee) and ask for a medium black coffee, please do not overfill the cup.

Do you want room for cream?

No, I want a black coffee, but don't over fill it so that it sloshes down my shirt.

Okay, I'll leave room for cream.

I don't want cream. Why would I put cream in it, is your coffee rancid again? Was it roasted 3 weeks ago? Why would I want cream?

Okay, no room for cream....

So, I pour the extra coffee out in the trash can on the way out the door.

But, now I have a decent burr grinder at the office. Tomorrow its Nicaraguan La Minita freshly roasted and ground. Black. No room for cream. But not over-filled.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

RickG - they have improved the lids. It used to be at least 1x a week I would dribble a little of my drink down my shirt. The seal wasn't so good. Lately, I haven't had a problem at all!

Recently though they have gone from calling it skim to calling it nonfat. So I say, "venti skim with whip mocha" ... often I end up with a venti nonfat white mocha" ... really it should not be this hard to get a coffee. I think they put crack in the mocha syrup cause I am flat out addicted. Not as bad as Britney but close.

On another note, I can't imagine drinking their regular coffee without TONS of cream ;) Yuck!
mahobayb

Post by mahobayb »

On another note, I can't imagine drinking their regular coffee without TONS of cream Yuck!

Thank you Flip, I thought I was alone. I really really dislike their regular coffee.
we never touch someone so lightly that we don't leave a trace
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I have a drive thru to...and a walk in and one in Barnes and Noble all within a stones through from my house! CRAZY!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

We got our first one in Green bay it just opened good thing I get my caffine form Mt Dew.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I don't like Starbucks, their coffee tastes burnt to me. I will admit that I am more of a tea drinker though. One coffee I have been really enjoying lately was a gift from nothintolose--it is called Community coffee and it has chicory in it.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I personally don't get all of the Starbucks hype. I don't like it either because I just want black coffee, maybe with some sweetener or sugar, never cream. I like to make my own.
My daughter loves it. I think it is just a trend.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED