Nothintolose & Kellyanna in New Orleans

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Have fun, girls!!
Going "home" again October 26th!
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I am totally laughing my a$$ off right now!

NO, I did not play board games with Kellyanna. She may have played them with the green ferries, but I wasn't playing them with her. I promise anyone that comes down here, I will not make you play Yahtzee and UNO.

Oh and I didn't show her photo albums either; she begged me to but I wouldn't do it :lol:

That pic of Kellyanna by the water is at the Lakefront (Lake Pontchartrain).

Kellyanna is a trip and she really knows how to enjoy her surroundings...and to top it off, she knows where she got her shoes :lol:

She and Brad are great and it's nice to hang out with a fellow forumite!

nothintolose

p.s. can't wait to see what she reports next!
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

nothintolose wrote:NO, I did not play board games with Kellyanna. She may have played them with the green ferries, but I wasn't playing them with her. I promise anyone that comes down here, I will not make you play Yahtzee and UNO.
I was wondering about the baby albums and board games, thanks for clarifying. :lol: Glad you folks had fun.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

nothintolose wrote:NO, I did not play board games with Kellyanna. She may have played them with the green ferries, but I wasn't playing them with her. I promise anyone that comes down here, I will not make you play Yahtzee and UNO.
Ha ha! I was wondering about that. Glad to hear that you are having fun.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

The only reason we stopped at my parents' was so I could use the bathroom and while we did, we let Rudy do it too (he was at day care at his grandparents).

I am still laughing my a$$ off at Kellyanna's report!

It's really code for what we have REALLY been doing!

nothintolose
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Our adventure continues...
Nothintolose and I made a trip to the SuperDome to purchase our Jazz Fest Tickets! YaY!
Nothintolose is on the phone with California Girl letting her know we got her tickets!
Next on our list was to enjoy some absinthe. So to the Old Obsinthe House.
This once prohibited beverage is back. It is called Lucid. It is prepared with sugar and water to dilute the aclohol. It has a licorice odor.
Nothintolose didn't drink any. I don't think it affected me that much.
Then we went to the holtel California Girl will be staying for JazzFest. We'll be hanging out there like this...

His nothintolose's better half.

Nothintolose & Kellee
Here's my better half.
We're having a wonderful time here! Nothintolose is awesome and we are having a blast. She tried to get a game of Jenga going, but she could see I as not mentally prepared.
cat

Post by cat »

NO Fair!!!!! I want to play!!!!!
I don't like licorice though so I wouldn't want that drink either! I don't drink Jagermeister for the same reason! YUCKY!!!!

So Margo will be rolling drunks to get out of her hotel? :lol:
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

LMAO. We'll probably get ticket for loitering, too!
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Coden - Lucid: http://www.drinklucid.com/ is out and available at the Absinthe House on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter.

I can tell you that the drink smells like salty black liquorice (sp?). Being that I cannot stand liquoirce, I was not about to try it. Kellyanna can describe it more if you want.

nothintolose
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

OMG! I'm laughing so hard! Kellee, you're NUTS! Can't wait to have some fun with you! I won't be partaking of anything licorice-tasting, either... I don't even like fennel! But, if it makes you see green fairies, Kellee, I'm buyin' you one! THIS I gotta' see! :lol:
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Between getting Jazz Fest tickets and going to the Old Absinthe House, we stopped for a drink at The Carousel Bar in the Monteleone Hotel. The bar rotates (slowly) around the center where the bartender stands. Here's Kellyanna...
I thought this was a cool pic too - Old New Orleans Rum and Cruzan just happened to be on the bar together - how neat is that...

nothintolose
Coden

Post by Coden »

I am so happy y'all are having so much fun in New Orleans. I LOVE New Orleans. I miss it so much!! :D
Coden
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Elizabeth! That picture of the bottles could be my counter at home! Because my teensy liquor cabinet is full, I have a bottle of Cruzan Coconut, a bottle of Cruzan Mango, and a bottle of Old New Orleans sitting there! LOL! But my counter doesn't revolve! Well, at least not until after the 3rd or 4th drink, that is! :lol:
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

We stopped at Cooter Brown's (the day we walked most of the way from the zoo to the French quarter !) and the Absinthe House (we needed a drink after that hike!) during our visit a few years back. I absolutely loved NOLA! We had such a great time there! Love the rum pic - too funny 8)
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Like hearing that you aren't scared of walking. :) Me neither! Ya'll come down for JazzFest. We'll start an OT thread for it!