Halloween candy

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
jmq

Halloween candy

Post by jmq »

Since you sampled your own give aways and what the kids brought home, what are your favs and what do you dislike?
I still like Smarties, but when did Reeses Peanut Butter Cups get so sweet that you cant even enjoy the peanut butter/chocolate taste anymore? And thank goodness you dont really see that candy corn anymore.
New fav is dark chocolate M&Ms - look for it in the purple wrapper.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

hee, I'm a dark chocolate fiend! just bought some dark choc. Doves for my Santa candy jar.
oh and i love candy corn :)
and those little pumpkins that I have no idea what they are made out of.
And I'm a twix fan ;) I eat them weird though, I save the cookie til the end!
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

mbw1024 wrote:And I'm a twix fan ;) I eat them weird though, I save the cookie til the end!
I do the same with Kit Kats.

I'm old school: Baby Ruth, 100 Grand Bar, and Tootsie Rolls. This year I found a Charleston Chew and immediately stuck it in the freezer. 8)

This year absolutely no sign of M&Ms but a lot of those stupid gummy things.

jmq - Random but cool topic. Go Scarlet Knights!
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

I cannot seem to resist a tootsie pop.
jmq

Post by jmq »

JB - Randomness Rules! Charleston Chew? Maybe it will give you flashbacks when you eat it.

Yikes - what a couple of painful game enders to start the NJ basketball watching season with last second losses of RU women vs. Stanford on Sunday and Nets vs. Hornets on Monday.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

MMMMM- candy.

I love candy!

Reese peanut butter cups- have you notice that they are shrinking?

Smarties, gobstoppers, swedish fish, junior mints, clark bars, 5th Avenue bars, Bounty Bars, runts, tootsie rolls, tootsie pops, plain old Hershey bars and hershey kisses, M&M's, Peppermint Patties, Now & Laters, nerds, pez, rock candy, Brach's toffees, Jolly Ranchers, all chocolate neccos, Goetz caramels, BB Bats, jolly ranchers, caramels, pixie stix.... I could go on and on. Not too many candies I don't like. Just hook up a sugar IV to my arm :D

Discontinued- white non-hot cinnamon lifesavers & wacky wafers.

Hmm- I seem to have a problem... I don't like circus peanuts or peeps. I will eat them if I am desperate :roll:
When will I see St John again?
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Ahhh chocolate.

Snickers, KitKats and Milk Duds are my faves from the halloween treats.

And I love Candy Corn; always keep it in the candy dish in the fall - Brach's is my favorite.

Time to go get some of those leftover Milk Duds :lol:
janet
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Anybody like Jujubes? I'm an M&M person but my sister and I always carry a box of Jujubes in the car so that they'll warm up in the sun. I used to love Mounds but can't eat coconut anymore. The darker the chocolate the better.
lisa

Post by lisa »

Almond M&Ms (not peanut) are my favorite -- they come in a beige wrapper and aren't as easy to find but are SO good.

Mounds are great, I think it's the dark chocolate that makes them so good (Almond Joy aren't as good because of the milk chocolate rather than dark).

I still like Reeses peanut butter cups although Haagen Dazs peanut butter & chocolate ice cream is even better.
homepage.mac.com/lisaandmarktravel

web.mac.com/lisaandmarktravel
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Mix half candy corn and half dry roasted peanuts in a bowl and it tastes like a payday
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I don't like much candy but I do like the little snickers bars. However, I don't like the chocolate on the outside so I put them in the fridge to firm up, then cut off all the chocolate and just eat the middle.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Becky - You can just mail all that chocolate to me! I mean, if you're throwing it away and all - hee hee! :lol:
Bug

Post by Bug »

MrsB~

I can see by your candy selections that we are close to the same age!!! Those BB bats are to die for. Do you like the Chocolate, Strawberry or Banana?

The vanilla tooties rolls are still one of my favorites not to mention BlowPops!!

XOXO
Bug
RickG

Post by RickG »

I had my only Halloween treat given out by Kevin at the Tap Room. <BURP>

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

Bug- my favorite is banana- BB Bats, and used to be wacky wafers too. But as I said before, I will eat almost any kind of candy :lol:
When will I see St John again?