Spellbound (formerly Lyons Pride) Villa review wanted

Travel discussion for St. John
b-as-u-r

Spellbound (formerly Lyons Pride) Villa review wanted

Post by b-as-u-r »

My recollection is that someone on the forum recently mentioned that they were booked for this villa. I'm considering this villa for rental and am wondering what feedback you can provide. Thanks, in advance. Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

bump
STJ - I "get it"
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

bump, bump...I know you're out there somewhere. I've actually gone ahead and booked it but would still love to hear from someone who has actually stayed there. Thanks, Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
Islandlife4me

Post by Islandlife4me »

We stayed at Spellbound a couple of years ago. The villa has some very strong selling points:
1) The view! There is a 270 degree view looking west, looking down on Caneel Bay, St Thomas and points south. Many people comment about views from other villa being the best on the island but when I compare those to Spellbound they don't come close.
2) The pool. It's huge, very warm and on the main level
3) Privacy - there is one house next door which cannot be seen from the pool or balcony. In fact you only see it as you come up the driveway. It is absolutely quiet except an occasional boat or truck noise from the North Shore Rd far below.

The villa is older although it was recently renovated. It does not have AC anywhere and with the western exposure, it gets very hot! We had to sleep with 4 fans on in the bedroom. The bedroom on the lower level seemed musty to me. Not a pleasant smell.

When we were making our plans for 2008, I even toyed with the idea of going back there because of the view, pool and the privacy. But we opted for something else with AC.