Wedding and Honeymoon on St. John

Travel discussion for St. John
ashleynbubba

Wedding and Honeymoon on St. John

Post by ashleynbubba »

My future husband and I are trying to decide between two locations for our wedding/honeymoon for July 2008: The Estate Lindholm or Gallows Point Resort. This is a second marriage for both of us, and we just want nice and fun. We aren't the type that need the "Caneel Bay" inclusive resort feel. We are having a hard time choosing between the two locations. Any suggestions??

Last, any suggestions on someone to marry us? Anyone heard of Bob Davis?
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I seen a few weddings by Ann Marie they were great
Tom
Bug

Post by Bug »

Ann Marie is definetly the STJ wedding gal. She married my best friends on Hawksnest 2 years ago and it was absolutly beautiful. She really makes it an "island" wedding.

XOXO
Bug
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I am not saying anything bad about Ann Marie, she is wonderful but Bob Davis is great too. It just depends on what type of service you are looking for.
Ann marie is more Spiritual, Bob is much more down to earth. Either way, you can not go wrong.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
LSU Beach Tiger

Post by LSU Beach Tiger »

Anne Marie is awesome--she made us cry! Her service was so spiritual and serene. Got married on Cinnamon at 9am & we were the only ones on the beach.

nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I can't remember who did the service for Jerry's daughter, but he was a little too freaky for me so no recommendations there.

The wedding was at Hakuna Matata overlooking Cinnamon Bay, and it was gorgeous.

As for Estate Lindholm vs Gallows. I can't comment at all on Gallows but I can tell you that we have stayed at Estate Lindholm twice and absolutely loved it. Lauren and Brion (the owners) were extremely nice and helpful and we felt so at home there. We also felt like we had the whole place to ourselves except in the mornings when we would go down for breakfast. If you want quiet, I would definitely go with Estate Lindholm.

If you have any questions about it, feel free to pm me.

nothintolose

p.s. The landscaping there is to die for also.
ashleynbubba

Estate Lindholm and hills

Post by ashleynbubba »

I have been leaning toward the Estate Lindholm, but I was concerned about the hike up and down the mountain. Is it too much of a hassle?

To everyone who responded to yesterday's question--thank you! You are helping this Alabama girl trying to plan the perfect wedding and honeymoon. The future husband is a football coach, so he is just a little busy these days.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Alot of the people that stayed at EL never rented a car and always hiked the hill to town. I don't know what part of Alabama you are in but over here in New Orleans, we don't have hills so that is a big hill to us. I would still hike it though if I had to as you have a beautiful view on your side the whole time.

The other option is that the taxis go by there all the time.

When we have stayed there, we have also given rides to other people staying there when we saw they were waiting for a taxi.

Hope that helps.

nothintolose
eehman

Wedding

Post by eehman »

We had Reverand Emmanuel Jaggernauth marry us- he was fantastic. Stacy from usvi weddings coordinated. I can't say enough great things about how our wedding turned out!!!!!!!!
Bollicine

no problem with the road

Post by Bollicine »

Unless you're very, very lazy you won't have problems of any sort at going back to Estate Lindholm, at least during the day, while at night there're no lights, so or you bring a torch with you (you can find one in your room), or you take a taxi ride back there.
Once we were going back on foot, just to take a walk and a taxi stopped along the road to give us a free lift!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Gallows vs. Estate Lindholm depends on what you are looking for. The views from Estate Lindholm are killer and its probably quieter. But, Gallows Point has some water access and its an easier walk home late at night after closing down The Front Yard.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
StJohnCaptain

Ann Marie is excellent, so are the others

Post by StJohnCaptain »

Congratulations. You will love it.

I have been to many weddings on St. John, with various villa guests. Was best man (only other man) twice. Ann Marie does a moving ceremony.

She also does the ceremony every Valentine's Day on Trunk Bay where the locals all go to get their vows renewed. I did that once at the urging of my wife. About 70 couples were there.

Some helpful website links to flowers, photos, jewelry, officiants, planners. Wedding links
Greetings from 600 ft. above Coral Bay Harbor -- Captain G.
St. John Lover

Post by St. John Lover »

"we just want nice and fun."

Based on your comment, personally, I would recommend Gallows.

Gallows is a much quicker, easier, walk into town for restaurants, bars, shops. (IMHO walking up that hill to Estate Lindhom at night would be a challenge; also during the day when it's sunny and HOT. But, I'm not a 20-year-old triathelon athlete either).

Also Gallows not only has a pool but also is right on the water. Great snorkeling right in front of you! I love staying anyplace where I can actually be in the Caribbean within an hour or so of my flight landing!! :D

If you do decide upon Gallows, try and get a unit in buildings 1, 2, or 3. They face the ocean (not the harbor) so it's much quieter plus you're only a few feet from the ocean when you're sitting on your balcony or deck. Very nice.

(I also like getting into 'island-mode' quickly by spending a relaxing bit of time on the hammock that's strung out by the point).
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Have you considered a villa? For the same price, or less, you could have your own villa with private pool...

Just a thought. It's off season, so you will get great prices.

Congrats and have fun planning!!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.