DELETED

Travel discussion for St. John
cat

Post by cat »

I worked all day and when I got home Hubby had fixed his famous smothered pork chops, yellow squash, and steamed asparagus with holandaise. For dessert he made something with angel food cake, vanilla pudding, sour cream and cherries. YUM!
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

Hey Cat marry that guy all over again !
Last edited by sailorgirl on Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JT

Post by JT »

Thanks, Jorge. The weather has been great in the MD/Va area the past few days. Mrs. Jt and I went on a great back roads trip from White's Ferry to a little favorite watering hole in Flint Hill yesterday in honor of our 30th anniversary. I was feeling quite thankful for all that we have, including the beautiful weather!
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Hi,

Moving on island time this morning. Got home around 1am from the Jimmy Buffett concert; not used to singing and dancing for over 2 hours (or being up much passed 10pm :)

That on top of a Red Sox no-hitter this weekend.

We'll grill some steaks later today (with CBGR, of course) and have some Cruzan Coconut rum.

Oh - and we celebrated our 17th anniversary yesterday, as well. It's nice when the day falls on the actual day we were married (Sunday of Labor Day weekend); we toasted each other with a couple of Corona's in the parking lot at Gillette.

It was a good Labor Day weekend. Much needed as it's been a sad summer with my mom passing away in late July.

janet
janet
LSU Beach Tiger

Post by LSU Beach Tiger »

Happy Off Work Day Everyone!!
RickG

Post by RickG »

liamsaunt wrote:Jorge, I am hiding inside because my hayfever has gone haywire
I know how you feel. My youngest and I are doing Claritin every morning. We just got back from a hot, sweaty muddy hike down the creek towards the Potomac. We had a few sneezes, but the Claritin is holding. Interestingly, the Claritin helps with the mosquito bites. We have tiger mosquitos here that are active all day (yuck!).

Yesterday we brewed 17 gallons of India Pale Ale (IPA). It's happily fermenting in a cool room and will be ready in a couple of weeks. First brew of the season!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

RickG wrote:
liamsaunt wrote:Jorge, I am hiding inside because my hayfever has gone haywire
I know how you feel. My youngest and I are doing Claritin every morning. We just got back from a hot, sweaty muddy hike down the creek towards the Potomac. We had a few sneezes, but the Claritin is holding. Interestingly, the Claritin helps with the mosquito bites. We have tiger mosquitos here that are active all day (yuck!).

Yesterday we brewed 17 gallons of India Pale Ale (IPA). It's happily fermenting in a cool room and will be ready in a couple of weeks. First brew of the season!

Cheers, RickG
Will there be any IPA left in early November???? :)
RickG

Post by RickG »

mbw1024 wrote:Will there be any IPA left in early November???? :)
I'll make certain some stays around, as well as another ale that needs to be ready for a competition on 11/17!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Terry

Post by Terry »

I see that there are many beer makers, but are there any wine makers on this forum? We just bottled our 2004 cab from Russian River area in CA. Most delicious. Any other wine makers that have found good grapes from various vineyards around the US.
cat

Post by cat »

sailorgirl wrote:Hey Cat marry that guy all or again !
He isn't going anywhere! He does minor renovations and electrical work too! I make sure to keep him happy too so it isn't one way! :D
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

cat wrote:
sailorgirl wrote:Hey Cat marry that guy all or again !
He isn't going anywhere! He does minor renovations and electrical work too! I make sure to keep him happy too so it isn't one way! :D
Im sure u do :-)

I've got a keeper too, he cleans a mean bathroom
cat

Post by cat »

Sailorgirl, Keep him too! I hate cleaning the bathroom!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:28 pm.