Westin Beach

Travel discussion for St. John
Chris V

Westin Beach

Post by Chris V »

Is this beach open to the public. I have been to the islands many times but have never gone to the Westin. The house we stay in even over looks it. Its just that there is so many other things to do on the island. On this trip I will have my 12 year old nephew and he will be the only young one in the group. I think a trip down the hill to play on the climbing mt. and the water trampoline might be just what he needs. He called and asked me last night if he could bring his WII.
Its all good!
Image/e/st+john+2010/k/d903/event.png"></a>
RickG

Post by RickG »

We occasionally use the facilities at the Westin, usually the pool or the beach bar. If they see you with non-Westin towels on their beach chairs they will politely ask you not use them.

That being said, there is not much more than sand and water there. But, when the 12 year old gets itchy feet that's a good option.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Chris V

Post by Chris V »

Thanks RickG
"not much more than sand and water" LOL but they also have the climbing mt. and the water trampoline!! I also think I should plan on having a drink or two. To ease my guilt of using their facilities and not staying there. Of Course.
Its all good!
RickG

Post by RickG »

SJfromNJ wrote:I diagree with ya Rick.
I didn't mean to come off too negative. There are certainly resort activities. Gerald Singer says it better than I do over at http://www.stjohnbeachguide.com/Beaches/great_cruz.html.

As a place for a teenager to walk to, good. To drive to.... not for me.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Knolmom

Westin Beach

Post by Knolmom »

We have used the beach at the Westin many times during trips when we have kids along. We have never brought our beach chairs there but have noticed quite a few times that family groups have set up their villa chairs at either end of the beach--either to watch their kids in the water or to do a sunset. The kids we brought were usually old enough so that we could sit at the Snorkels Bar while they played in the water. As I recall, the kids also played in the pool for awhile afterwoods, but did not use the poolside chairs.
I would have a difficult time sitting on that beach without an umbrella as it gets sun almost all day.
parafins

Please go to it!!

Post by parafins »

We just got back from a 10 day visit at S.T.J.!We visited the Westin 3 times using the playground and pool.We took our own towels,bought a couple of drinks at the bar and enjoyed the pool!They even have a "dive in movie" once or twice a week.Please check on that,It was great fun!If you have any more questions just drop me a line :D Parafins...
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
citygirl

Post by citygirl »

Just curious...when visiting the Westin pool and beach, do you have to "check in" somewhere or get a special pass from the desk?

citygirl
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

In addition to the beach, the Westin has an iguana feeding every afternoon (4:00 I think). A 12-yr-old might think that's kinda cool.
snorkelqueen

Post by snorkelqueen »

Last week the feeding was at 3:00 - it is a trip
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Chris V

Post by Chris V »

thanks for all the help and info. See you do learn something new. In the times I have been down there and looking over the Westin I never knew about the afternoon feedings!
Its all good!
Knolmom

Westin

Post by Knolmom »

Is Westin Quest the water trampoline and iceberg in the bay?
JT

Post by JT »

I'll guarantee you that if you took most 12 year old kids first, to some of the non-resort beaches , taught them how to snorkle, let them see the natural side of STJ for a couple of days, then took them to the Westin, they'd wanna get the hell out of there. But for those of you that go to STJ and prefer the Westin's "beach" to exploring the rest of the island, I say more power to you, enjoy the Westin.
To my way of thinking about St. John, there was a lot of effort put forth by a few foresightful people to try to keep St. John in its natural state as the crown jewel of the Caribbean. There are enough resorts and Club Med type places in the Keys, Aruba, Jamaica, etc. that I wish the profiteering carpetbaggers that "create" these places would just leave STJ alone.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:03 am.