Moving to STJ

Travel discussion for St. John
HalfMoon

Moving to STJ

Post by HalfMoon »

Hello Everyone -

My wife and I will be moving to St. John sometime in December! We are planning a PMV around Halloween to find a place to live. I have been calling around and emailing and so far it looks like all the long term rentals are already rented! We are looking for a two bedroom/two bathroom located on the Cruz Bay side. We also have a little 5 lb yorkie making the move with us. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anything available? We are willing to rent something smaller, if necessary, but we really wanted an extra bedroom for all our visitors. Thanks for any suggestions in advance. I look forward to meeting everyone on the island.
Exit Zero

Re: Moving to STJ

Post by Exit Zero »

I am not sure how many members here are actually living in the USVI and are able to offer any 1st hand help but I do know that the forum:

http://www.vimovingcenter.com/talk/list.php?4

does have quite a few residents and there is plenty of info in the headers of that site.
loria

Post by loria »

you might want to look at the FB page for st john/stthomas bargains trades and sales-- often rentals come up there
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
HalfMoon

Post by HalfMoon »

Thank you for the help. I will check out the other forum and FB.
Nancie-Pa

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Have you checked with Marlene/Bob at Star Villas? 340-776-6704 or starvillasofstjohn@gmail.com
Don't know if they do long-term or not but it's worth a try. Good luck! :)
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
RickG

Post by RickG »

I keep an eye on Craigslist too as apartments do come up on there. Other resources where there is an audience that includes on island folks on Facebook are the St. John Peeps group and the Live From St. John group.

A consideration, east end St. Thomas has many more apartment/condo style options than St. John. If your dates are fixed, but your place to stay is not...

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

A caution about Craigslist. If it looks like a bargain, it is probably a scam. Money required to be sent to hold the apartment. Pictures are of places owned by others. No place to go when you get here.

December is a really hard time to find an apartment. Good luck.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

I second the recommendation to contact Bob and Marlene at Star Villas. I stayed at their studio in April and they were awesome to work with. I am pretty sure they do long term rentals but I am no sure what the availability is. Best of luck!