Sunday Afternoon Forumite Get-togethers

Travel discussion for St. John
jimg20

Sunday Afternoon Forumite Get-togethers

Post by jimg20 »

We used to have a gathering of Forumites - both visitors and indigenous - Sunday afternoons at the Beach Bar. Beside the opportunity to meet many virtual friends, there was live music, cold drinks and frequently a beautiful sunset. The Beach Bar apparently doesn't have the music any longer and the get-togethers faded away. We will be back on the Rock June 26 - July 6 which will include two Sundays.

Let's try to restart the Sunday afternoon tradition. I understand that Cruz Bay Landing has taken up the responsibility of having Sunday afternoon jazz. Let's meet there June 27th and July 5th around 4 to 7 pm. I can see that there are several members on the calendar, and, by the messages on the Forum, there are several more who are not on the calendar.

Cruz Bay Landing is at the park across the street from the ferry dock. You may also know that place as JJ's. CBL took it over more than a year ago.

Thanks

JIM
Last edited by jimg20 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

JJShaw

Re: Sunday Afternoon Forumite Get-toghers

Post by JJShaw »

Sounds good .. we'll be there.. :)
[/url]
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Enjoy yourself! We had the pleasure of meeting several great forum members at these events. JJ Shaw and family being one of them!

We are back in the BVI in Oct/Nov and if these are resurrected, we will take the ferry over and gather together! :D
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

jimg20 wrote:We used to have a gathering of Forumites - both visitors and indigenous - Sunday afternoons at the Beach Bar. Beside the opportunity to meet many virtual friends, there was live music, cold drinks and frequently a beautiful sunset. The Beach Bar apparently doesn't have the music any longer and the get-togethers faded away. We will be back on the Rock June 26 - July 6 which will include two Sundays.

Let's try to restart the Sunday afternoon tradition. I understand that Cruz Bay Landing has taken up the responsibility of having Sunday afternoon jazz. Let's meet there June 27th and July 5th around 4 to 7 pm. I can see that there are several members on the calendar, and, by the messages on the Forum, there are several more who are not on the calendar.

Cruz Bay Landing is at the park across the street from the ferry dock. You may also know that place as JJ's. CBL took it over more than a year ago.

Thanks

JIM
Maybe we should post it on FB as well ? :)
[/url]
jimg20

Re: Sunday Afternoon Forumite Get-togethers

Post by jimg20 »

Sure. Feel free to do so. I can't get on FB from work. IT says there are too many infectious diseases on it. :shock:

JIM

inuny

Post by inuny »

Is there a specific spot to meet? (i.e., how do we recognize each other?).
gymnastika

Post by gymnastika »

We will be there almost the same time june 28-July 11. Haven't seen any forumites the last few trips it seems. We will try to be there!
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

inuny wrote:Is there a specific spot to meet? (i.e., how do we recognize each other?).
Usually just look for the group...some may have the blue Forumite bracelets..I have one...I will try to remember to bring it...I will only be there the nite of the 5th though..we leave for VG the 7th.. :)
[/url]
KTinTX

Post by KTinTX »

We arrive on July 19th (Sunday afternoon) and almost always have our first drinks at the Beach Bar and dinner in the vicinity...so we'd be game. Unfortunately we leave on the following Sunday, so the 19th would be our only chance for a Sunday night.
KT
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We arrive jun 29 and will be there thru July 6. Count us in for a meet up July 5.
gymnastika

Post by gymnastika »

PA Girl!!!! I wondered if you'll be there! Woot!
jimg20!!
Forumite reunion!!!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

gymnastika wrote:PA Girl!!!! I wondered if you'll be there! Woot!
jimg20!!
Forumite reunion!!!
We still owe you and your hubby beers for years ago at Gibney!
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

gymnastika wrote:We will be there almost the same time june 28-July 11. Haven't seen any forumites the last few trips it seems. We will try to be there!

When do you get in on the 28th? Can we count on you that afternoon?

Thanks

JIM

gymnastika

Post by gymnastika »

We get in St.Thomas at 1:30 and will take the barge over and get checked in. Should be able to make the the time frame of 4-7 but possibly towards the end.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

inuny wrote:Is there a specific spot to meet? (i.e., how do we recognize each other?).
I think it will be easier than you think. We are the people our parents warned us about. :lol:

JIM