Happy hour deals and times of day

Travel discussion for St. John
wontongirl

Happy hour deals and times of day

Post by wontongirl »

Let's get a thread going to list Happy Hour places, deals and times for Cruz Bay.
Woody's, beach bar, Joes rum hut, Cruz Bay Landing, Ficus Bar, Across the Sreet Bar, New place that replaced Motu.
Coconuts

Re: Happy hour deals and times of day

Post by Coconuts »

Vital information! I sorta doubt if Anthony would give it a sticky, but perhaps there is still a place where it could be parked. It used to be that you could garner an extra half hour by crossing the street from Woody's to the Iguana Grill, but common ownership put the kibosh on that. But hey, at $1 for a beer or well drink, it is a bit much to complain!

Cue theme from "Rawhide"!

All the best,

Kevin
Charlie2001

Post by Charlie2001 »

The best happy hour deal in Cruz Bay is at Joe's Rum Hut. $3 "You Call It" from 4-6pm. Any drink you want is just $3. Bushwhackers, Painkillers, etc.
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

Here are a few, taken from the establishments websites:

Castaways 3-6 pm
Happy Hour Specials Every Day
$1 Miller Lite
$1 Miller High Life
$1 Well Drinks
$5 Patron Shots
$6 Patron Margaritas
Banana Deck 4:30-6:30 pm
$1 off all drinks
Barefoot Cowboy 4-7 pm
$2 Bud & Bud Lights
$3 Parrot Bay rum drinks
$4 Fireball shots
Sun Dog Cafe 4:20- 6:00 pm
2/1 Cocktails
$1 off beers.

Does anyone know the Beach Bar happy hour, specials?
StJohnMike

Post by StJohnMike »

I believe The Beach Bar's happy hour is $1 off all drinks and $4 Painkillers, 'nuff said. :D
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

Ficus Bar at Lime Inn - half priced drinks 3-5 pm Monday thru Saturday
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Here are my thoughts on happy hour deals, take 'em or leave 'em :)

My husband and I used to pay attention to happy hours and would leave the beach early to save a few bucks on a drink. Then I realized that we pinch pennies all year and pay thousands of dollars so we can come to STJ and go to the beach and we were leaving the beach to save $5. Not worth it :)

An extra hour on the beach is just not worth saving a few bucks on drinks...not when you've spent thousands to get to said beach.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

TR: That is a valuable perspective, and you know how beaches tend to empty out once Happy Hour begins? I'm not sure if that is coincidence, or if folks are actually headed to town to drink, but a salutary aspect of Happy Hour policies might well be to provide a uniquely private beach experience. We often get out late, having been tending to various villa projects earlier in the day, and we have to pinch ourselves sometimes when we arrive at truly world class beaches along the North Shore, in that exquisite late afternoon light, and we are either alone, or one of a few couples along the entire beach. "How could this be possible?", we ask; if Happy Hour contributes in any way, I'm a big supporter.

On the flip side, if circumstances do find you in town during that time, the notion of stopping by the Express Window for a $1 gin and tonic is also pretty remarkable.

All the best,

Kevin
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

We look at Happy Hour as just daily routine. Breakfast, Beach, Happy Hour and then Dinner. Next day repeat routine. Hey after all your on vacation! It's not about saving $$. If it was you wouldn't be on St. John! Go meet some people. Never fails we always meet someone from Ma. CHEERS!!!!!
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

I agree beachnut! I don't make a special trip to happy hour because all my hours are happy there but I like to know what's going on if I'm back in Cruz Bay or Coral bay and thirsty!!
Last edited by wontongirl on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

Beachnut513 wrote:We look at Happy Hour as just daily routine. Breakfast, Beach, Happy Hour and then Dinner. Next day repeat routine. Hey after all your on vacation! It's not about saving $$. If it was you wouldn't be on St. John! Go meet some people. Never fails we always meet someone from Ma. CHEERS!!!!!
This sounds like us. I might add that we are early birds, and head out to the beach by 8 or so. By 3 pm, we have had enough snorkeling /water/sun for the day and that thirst starts to kick in for a painkiller.. Sunset sitting at wharfside with a cold painkiller, lovely.
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

PaminMaine we're on island the same time. Would love to meet you folks.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

So many times we've been sitting on a beach, when someone in our party says something like, " Hey, if we're gonna' catch happy hour, we better get moving soon..." Then we just never make it. Usually because we have rum drinks or beer in a cooler that we've been enjoying already anyway. :D
This coming trip we'll be staying downtown at St. John Inn for our first night before our week in Coral Bay, so we'll definately take advantage of the location and throw a few back at a happy hour somewhere. So far not many of you fine folks have tickers similar to mine, but hope to meet some of you that week!
Smiles-
MJ
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

Spyglass used to have the best Happy Hour. Never actually been there for non-Happy Hour eats/drinks, but the wings, sliders and drinks there couldn't be beat. Perfect place to take the kids, watch the sun go down over the water, have some bites, drinks and listen to some guitar.

This past trip we spent most of our happy hour time at the Beach Bar not because of any specific menu selection - more on account of tree climbing, cornhole and tree swing. There may have been a lime in da coconut or 3 though! :mrgreen:
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

Skinny Legs has a happy hour that we hit randomly - we never plan it, but it's always awesome when we get there at the right time! (Know this isn't in Cruz Bay, but just wanted to throw this out there.)