Villa for two ....any suggestions?

Travel discussion for St. John
sherban

Villa for two ....any suggestions?

Post by sherban »

Hi All, Looks like I might make it back to the rock this summer (June) and I'm on the hunt for a nice romantic 2BR Villa with a great view, pool and AC in BR if possible...want to max out below $3k but love a bargain!

What are your favorites ...or new ideas you can share with me??

Thanks and happy new year!
northerngal

Re: Villa for two ....any suggestions?

Post by northerngal »

we stayed at Harbor Lights in Coral Bay last year and loved it! We have also stayed at Villa Jumbie and that was also very nice. I have wanted to try Anchors Aweigh also but it's always booked! Let me know if you have any questions!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Reef Madness :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Villa for two, one of my favorite topics!

We loved Over the Rainbow, pool, but no air. We didn't have a problem as it is high on the hills with great air flow. Great hiking down to Reef Bay. Privacy with sunset and sunrise views. I thought I did a review of it but I can't find it. **off to search**

We also loved Villa Gin de Mer, on the East End past Coral Bay. It is a 3 bedroom, but we got it for a steal, since we were only using one bedroom. I did do a review on this one.

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/v ... h-fun.html

Happy Hunting.
Bill in Va

Post by Bill in Va »

Yo....We just booked "Blue Aweigh" through Mark at http://www.seaviewhomes.com for 17 days Oct/Nov. I think it has what u r lookin 4 and a killer price. God bless..Bill
ShelleyZ

Post by ShelleyZ »

Take a look at Skyridge. You can rent the upper level only. Completely private, outdoor showers, magnificent views. The house has good karma.
Happy Hunting!
Shelley
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Sherban,
Glad to see that you might be making a trip. We are staying at Bordo Mare in June
but it is over your budget as it was over ours too. Looks like a wonderful place and Mike the owner is great.
Other options might be -Time Out, Villa Fabio, Morgans Point.
Lots to look at.
Good Luck and I hope you find the perfect one.
Beach Creecher
Noreen

Post by Noreen »

We love Monkey No Climb - our favorite of the four villas we've rented in Coral Bay. No pool, but a very nice hot tub. Also very much like One Particular Harbour and Orchid Knoll. I think each is close to or within your budget.
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

Check out Caribbean Jewels.
sherban

Post by sherban »

Thanks, can you guys help me locate Over the Rainbow on the map? Maybe with respect to other villas on reef bay road? Thanks!
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... sp=sharing

ski2play wrote:Villa for two, one of my favorite topics!

We loved Over the Rainbow, pool, but no air. We didn't have a problem as it is high on the hills with great air flow. Great hiking down to Reef Bay. Privacy with sunset and sunrise views.

Happy Hunting.
jerseygirl062

Post by jerseygirl062 »

Over the Rainbow is out by Reef Bay View. I don't see it on the map but we could see the roof of Reef Bay View from Over the rainbow deck.
kimoncape cod

Post by kimoncape cod »

We just booked the beautiful and luxurious Daffodil in Fish Bay for the second time via Kathy at Island Getaways (awesome to work with). We LOVE it!
http://islandgetawaysinc.com/daffodil-villa/

Our other favorite villa for two is WAY out on the East End (past Sloop's) - Points of View - which we rented for a number of years in a row. Remote, quiet, funky East End vibe. The manager, Athena, is a joy.
http://www.stjohnholiday.com/

Both have breathtaking views, pool, AC....Good Luck!
Kim
Only 9 months and 26 days..... :D
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Yes, Over the Rainbow is out near Reef Bay View. I believe it sits on Hilltop Lane. If not, then on Marina Drive. The walk down to Reef Bay is not so bad, but the walk up is a tad bit more strenuous. It is a great place, yet close to Cruz Bay.
sherban

Post by sherban »

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions, very helpful!

We will probably book the plane tics first but I'll share our plans and villa decision once we make them...

Cheers!
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We like to be near Cruz Bay, so our favs are Coconuts and Hummingbird Hill. Both have great views from the nice deck and private pools. Plumeria is next door to Coconuts and is a similar layout to Coconuts. Never stayed there, but its on our list. Last year, I almost booked Hale Lani, but it was taken by the time everyone in our party made up their mind on dates. It gets good reviews from a forumite and looks great, so its on our list too.