Airfare - Sunday vs. Saturday?

Travel discussion for St. John
auntsweety

Airfare - Sunday vs. Saturday?

Post by auntsweety »

Ok. Let's start out by saying that airfare is insane and while my husband and I are really looking forward to taking the kids to St. John and introducing them to the wonders of snokeling, we are NOT looking forward to paying airfare for 4. It's true. I have been avoiding this for years. My daughter (age 12) tells me that she is the only one in her class that has not been on a plane. I tell her she's not missing anything :roll: ....but I digress....

I'm going to book a St John family trip for next July and leaving on the weekend is key for us. However, I was thinking that maybe Sunday would be a better travel day than Saturday. I tried to do an airfare search and it looks like Sunday fares may be marginally less expensive. It's too early to actually book our flights but I want to pin down the rental dates. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about this?
ToonMann

Re: Airfare - Sunday vs. Saturday?

Post by ToonMann »

Give this website a try: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

After you plug in your destination (STT), choose the option "see calendar for lowest fares," plug in your date and length of stay. It will show you the lowest airfare prices for each day.

TM
pupperdog

Re: Airfare - Sunday vs. Saturday?

Post by pupperdog »

I was just looking for airfare--tried every combination of going/returning on Friday, Sat., Sun., and Monday.
Found absolutely no difference at all--I was surprised! Of course, was different time of year.
This was with Delta--Missouri/Atlanta/St. Thomas.

Good luck--and have a fantastic island time!!!

(I hate flying too!)