join mack & papabou for 7/16 snorkel trip

Travel discussion for St. John
papabou

join mack & papabou for 7/16 snorkel trip

Post by papabou »

if anyone is interested mack and I will be back on island 7/10 to 7/17 and I have another thread entitled "back by popular demand" that no one is reading. we'd love to have 2 to 4 formites join us for the snorkel trip of a lifetime. on 7/16 we will board the nautical vessel Busy Bee at the coral bay bruise ship dock at 8:30 am and circum-navigate st john (probably in a clockwise direction if it matters). there will be many snorkel stops and merriment including live entertainment by mack and yours truly. get full particulars of what's offered by the captain at http://www.busybeevi.com/lap/. never met skipper (?) bryan but sounded like a good chap on the tellie. I believe we could have a world of fun for only $125 per passenger. we commit to having a PG rated trip if the young ones come but preferably the trip would be NR.
remember, if we don't find at least 2 people to join us, poor papabou might have to endure another day with mack at Colombo's and joe's rum hut. think of joining us as a good deed to help an old man.

contact bryan to sign up and remember he can only accommodate 4 more for the 16th.

papabou
this message has been approved by neither the SEC nor the FBI
Nancie-Pa

Re: join mack & papabou for 7/16 snorkel trip

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Papabou, I follow everything you write, avidly! Love your reports and always wish I was on island same time as you and Mack. Can't imagine two people who would make me laugh more than you guys! :lol:
Have a wonderful trip and I hope someone joins you for the cruise. Will look forward to your reports. :)
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

SO UPSET I will miss y'all!!!!!!! We've got to plan our trips to coincide one year. You crack me up on the forum, so I can only imagine y'all LIVE!
You'd better do a live-action report like last year. CANNOT WAIT!!!
NJsurfsup

Post by NJsurfsup »

Someone recently did this raved about it on another forum.
I think it is a fantastic deal and hope they make it. Hope you guys get your 4 minimum.
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

I will be on Island 7/12 - 7/26 but by myself for the week of Jul 12 - would like to join, but that would just make 3 passengers, as far as I see.. Has anyone else expressed interest, so that the minimum can be met?

Thx

Mike
papabou

Post by papabou »

mike, i haven't had any indication of anyone signing up, but you would get us closer to the 4 minimum. perhaps your interest will encourage another to join us, or should i say, join the trip! welcome aboard.

also bumps the string up. come on folks, i know mack, mike and i not only ones who will be on island july 16th with an interest in snorkeling.

papabou
NJsurfsup

Post by NJsurfsup »

Papabou, (forgive me if this is inappropriate ) but why not increase your chances and post on ta as well. Seems both forums are a little slow right now.
Kathyva

Post by Kathyva »

Hello. My husband & I had a great time June 4 on the Busy Bee We "recruited" other snorkelers to join us on TA, beginning with a single person, and adding a couple. We even had to turn down an additional couple because we had five already and as you know, the maximum is six.

As you all sign up, Captain Bryan will also look for others to meet your minimum. He told me that people don't usually sign up till closer to the date. Of course that was not our experience when we posted on a forum ourselves.

Please note that my thread was deleted on TA (thankfully only after we found others to join us.) I contacted the forum moderator to find out why and was told that soliciting others to join a charter in order to reduce the cost etc was not within the TA guidelines. Someone on the forum reported me. There are obviously others who post threads on TA for other charters and they have not been reported and deleted.

Hope you find your minimum. I bet you do. Have a wonderful time!
NJsurfsup

Post by NJsurfsup »

Kathyva, that is really odd because you are right we recruited to share Dohms watervtaxi, people do it all the time for private charters. Maybe they changed the rules?
Kathyva

Post by Kathyva »

I don't think the rules have changed. A post on TA is not deleted unless it is reported to the moderator. Someone out there did not like that particular post.
They reported it which alerts the moderator, then it got deleted.

Most other posts like these are not reported. (And I am not suggesting that they should be!)
NJsurfsup

Post by NJsurfsup »

Gotta figure it was a competitor, but the cream always rises and this is a unique offering so the word will get out inspite of the petty report;)
papabou

Post by papabou »

I've been away with entire family to Jamestown/Newport ri. what a wonderful place to vacation. like stj there's water everywhere though very cold, snorkeling in wet suits (really scuba diving), ferries, sailboats, sunrises & sunsets and I should have packed more money. I missed mack and he says he missed me but stj soon come.
purpose of this post is 2 fold. first as a bump. and secondly to thank all who responded so far with a couple personal notes. nancie, if we both increase frequency of our respective stj trips, odds are our paths will eventually cross on the lovely island. I'm game just not sure finances or wife will allow. colsc, I assure you me live is better than photo. I hope our paths will cross if no where else on I-20. I thought about ta post as I read board regularly and sometimes respond to inquiries there. problem I have with ta is I've become swamped with popups from ta and can't seem to do anything about. everytime I check delta, expedia or any town in world, ta popups (or those nasty little insert adds that tell you we know where you just looked) appear on almost every webpage I open.

some possible answers to apparent lack of interest in trip: 1. no one will be on stj on 7/16; 2. I've offended too many folks and regs and newbies will avoid me and/or mack like the plague. 3. lack of interest. cast your vote here.

still papabou
Kathyva

Post by Kathyva »

Hey, don't give up. Do you need only one more person for July 16? There's still quite a lot of time. Hope it happens for you, it's so much fun!
melmd

Post by melmd »

We don't get down until the 21st, but plan on trying to get on Busy Bee charters too. Cant you stay a couple more days?????

PS: I love your posts!!!
papabou

Post by papabou »

now we won't give up. we'll circumnavigate stj if we have to rent a dinghy with one of those outboard thingies though I feel confident someone will soon signup. latest report from bryan at busybee is had a few tire kickers just no plastic to assure trip. he reiterated that he gets lots of last minute signups so still hope till the day before (& for those counting that would be 7/15 for 7/16 trip). I'd love to stay longer & do a trip on bb the following week, but family sucked the amex account almost dry last week. fortunately I bought plane ticket, paid for condo at battery hill, and hid a credit card before that trip.

heard from mack. said water warm at Hilton head where he is vacationing for a few days, but not having much luck snorkeling. visibility about 6 inches but place is expensive so still kinda feels like stj with lots of condos.

come on folks where's the interest.

papabou