Single night on St. Thomas?

Travel discussion for St. John
Ken

Single night on St. Thomas?

Post by Ken »

Need some help here. Veteran of traveling to St. John and the BVI's, but on this trip I am taking my 2 year old daughter. Two week trip, and the second is on Virgin Gorda. We are flying into and out of St. Thomas. I'm thinking of ferrying back from Virgin Gorda the day before our flight to break up the travel day for the youngster. Any suggestions on a place to stay for 1 night? Would like it to be a fun place to hand around the beach for our last night. Perhaps Bolongo Bay? Any other suggestions? Probably not interested in the Best Western, but I'm all ears if you guys think that is the best option.

Thanks!
Exit Zero

Re: Single night on St. Thomas?

Post by Exit Zero »

Emerald Beach [Best western] is a very calm and peaceful beach for a youngster, close to the airport or a short ride to Frenchtown or Crown Bay for restaurants - nice pool with a waterfall feature - beach bar - clean rooms beachfront -- nothing against Bolongo! - But a much more enjoyable sandy beach at Emerald.
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Hi Ken!
We stayed 1 night at the Best Western Emerald Beach Resort last June before heading to St. John. I agree with everything Exit Zero said. I have 2 teenage kids and they loved the pool. :)
I had read some mixed reviews so I was a bit nervous, but I can tell you, I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to friends and family.
Have a wonderful trip!
Jo
cool breeze

Post by cool breeze »

Exit Zero wrote:Emerald Beach [Best western] is a very calm and peaceful beach for a youngster, close to the airport or a short ride to Frenchtown or Crown Bay for restaurants - nice pool with a waterfall feature - beach bar - clean rooms beachfront -- nothing against Bolongo! - But a much more enjoyable sandy beach at Emerald.
Another vote for Emerald Beach Resort just stayed there this past week for one night, comfortable bed, beautiful beach, pool great bartender and good food. Closeness to airport is also a big plus. Whatever you decide have fun!
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

Try Bluebeards on the beach. Really nice facility, no restaurant, but nice pool and small, very clean beach.
bigred

Post by bigred »

I heartily agree with all those who are recommending Emerald Beach Resort. We stayed there for one night in late March after spending a week on a sailboat in the BVI. It was a very nice transition back into the real world before heading off to the airport the next day. It was also several steps above what we had always thought about Best Western properties :)
psufan

Post by psufan »

We stayed at Emerald Beach for one night before our 2 week stay on St John last June. It was clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy but it suited our needs perfectly. There was only one incident that really wasn't the property's fault, just the clientele that happened to be staying there that night. We woke up early just like we always seem to do down there. My husband went out on the balcony which overlooked the beach and the pool. There was a couple doing what comes naturally on one of the lounge chairs by the pool :shock: They quickly left when they realized that their little rendezvous wasn't quite as private as they thought. Of, course, why would you expect privacy at a hotel pool where most of the rooms have a view of the pool???
Ken

Post by Ken »

You know, PSUfan, you usually have to pay extra for that!

Sounds like we will give Emerald Beach a try. Thanks for all the feedback. The next month can't pass quickly enough.