Frustrated and a bit annoyed

Travel discussion for St. John
nancyr84

Frustrated and a bit annoyed

Post by nancyr84 »

I called St John car rental to ren
Last edited by nancyr84 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iowaguy

Re: Frustrated and a bit annoyed

Post by iowaguy »

I have rented from St. John Car Rental every trip and have never had a problem. I have rarely gotten an email confirmation though----I know I didn't on this last trip. I just call and talk to Cynthia. I do remember getting an e-mail on one prior trip---it came from "sjcr" and was very brief. I almost didn't recognize it. If it makes you too nervous maybe reserve from another company that will confirm in writing.
---Jim
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

We, in the US, like to have our I's dotted and our T's crossed. That is not very important on STJ. In spite of the informality, I have never been disappointed by STJ Car Rental. I feel certain that even without a confirmation that the car you requested will be waiting for you when you get off the ferry.

I have always avoided either coming to or leaving on Saturdays because Saturdays are the busiest day of the week for travel related businesses in the islands. The high season makes it all worse. I am sure they were overwhelmed when you called as they tried to get one group of customers on their way to the ferry and another into their rent cars.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

nancyr84

Post by nancyr84 »

Thanks everyone , I feel better about it now!
madelon

Post by madelon »

I'm so sorry you had a problem getting a response with a confirmation with our company. I spoke to the clerk, and she said she will check to see why the e-mails are not getting through. She apologizes to your husband if she sounded rude. if you can e-mail her at sjcr@vipowernet.net and give her your name and the particulars, she will check out what went wrong, as we always send confirmations. Please accept my apologies for your trouble.
Lonnie Willis
luv2travel

Post by luv2travel »

Lonnie Willis - nice customer service!
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

We rent from SJCR all the time. They used to email a rental form to fill out but now I just print it from their site. I mail the form along with a deposit check. I know when the check clears that they have it. I don't think they have sent me confirmations in the past but I have never had a problem. Talking to the ladies at the counter is one of the highlights of the trip for my husband. They are nice and very fun.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

madelon wrote:I'm so sorry you had a problem getting a response with a confirmation with our company. I spoke to the clerk, and she said she will check to see why the e-mails are not getting through. She apologizes to your husband if she sounded rude. if you can e-mail her at sjcr@vipowernet.net and give her your name and the particulars, she will check out what went wrong, as we always send confirmations. Please accept my apologies for your trouble.
Lonnie Willis
Lonnie, that is a wonderful response. Although I have never had a problem with your service during our numerous rentals with you, we have never received a confirmation. This is not a complaint. I only want you to know that if you indended to send us a confirmation, it never got here.

Thanks

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

nancyr84

Post by nancyr84 »

I am thinking there must be a problem with their email as I haven't gotten anything yet.
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

I also want to emphasize that I have been extremely happy dealing with St. John Car Rental. In fact, I never rent from anyone else. Cynthia at SJCR is a real sweetie----she gave me a big hug when I left this year. Having said that, I often do not get an e-mail confirmation---I just don't worry about it anymore because it always works.
---Jim
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Maybe they went into your junk email box.
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

Interesting that the owner believes that his staff sends out email confirmations, when they clearly do not. I called for a reservation a couple of months ago and talked to Cynthia. She was extremely pleasant, and quickly gave me a reservation for "the last jeep" available for my date. But the only information that she asked for was my name and cell phone number. She did not ask for my home address and refused to take either my email address or a credit card number. She just said, "You don't have to do anything else; see you on <the date>" and quickly excused herself to take another call.

This left me feeling very uneasy. What if I show up on that date and there is no car? I found a form on their website for submitting a credit card number to hold the reservation. Tried faxing the form, but could not get through. So I finally mailed the form with my credit card number and email address. My credit card was not charged and I got no response on my cellphone or to the email I provided on the form.

I finally asked my villa management (Cimmaron) to double-check with STJ Car Rental to make sure I really had a reservation. I quickly got an email back FROM CIMMARON confirming that my reservation was fine. Still haven't heard a thing from St. John Car Rental. We're leaving this week, and I'm sure it will be fine, but it appears that doing business with this company requires a leap of faith.

I don't think I've seen a single complaint about them losing reservations, so I guess it works. But if the owner believes his employees are regularly sending out confirmations, I fear he is deluding himself.
nancyr84

Post by nancyr84 »

I still don't have mine, I am still checking . I just would like to see my total amount due since we are renting for 11days. I am trying not to worry about it . I took my complaint off because I felt bad but really would like a email confirmation.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I have had nothing but good experiences with STJ car rental but I never get a confirmation. I do wish that I did, as I always worry a bit, but I have never had an issue. A simple email confirmation would make a world of difference
volfanatic

Post by volfanatic »

I'm so glad to hear it wasn't just me! It was one of the most frustrating reservations I ever made. I guess I'm just not used to dealing with people on "island time".