Looking for a Villa for 4 couples

Travel discussion for St. John
FlaGeorge

Looking for a Villa for 4 couples

Post by FlaGeorge »

Hi All,
It’s been a long heck of a time since we even thought about going back to St. John, but we are heading back (with a little help from the forum). There will be 4 couples (8 people) going. I need help in finding a villa for us and I know this is the place to ask for help. Here are some requirements:
• Going in Off-Season, Max budget is $6000.
• Looking for 4 equal bedrooms (King preferred, Queen OK)
• 4 Bathrooms
• Pool – Hot Tub would be nice
• Bedrooms must have A/C
• Location is open, but the Cruz Bay side of island is preferred
Any and all help is welcomed.
Thanks - FlaGeorge
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
kklay

Re: Looking for a Villa for 4 couples

Post by kklay »

About 3 years ago we stayed at Vistaero, it has sent been purchased and is being remodeled. I believe the new name is Deja 'vu I'm sure I've messed up that spelling! Anyway, it is listed on Destination St. John. The view is absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful pool deck, hot tub, nice bedrooms. I am hoping to stay there again! I think it is supposed to be ready in the April timeframe, however we all now how renovations go and I'm sure on STJ, there could be more than the usual delay. Good luck with your search!
CinnBay

Post by CinnBay »

Our group of 8 will be staying at Eden's Whim in Great Cruz Bay this coming May. The bedrooms are not all equal . . .there is definitely a master suite . . .the other four bedrooms are decent and comfortable. A/C in the bedrooms, large outdoor space, huge pool and a hot tub. This will be our second stay at Eden's Whim.
augie

Post by augie »

Hey George - long time, no see!

Here's one that friends of ours will be staying in in May...

http://www.vrbo.com/477315

Look forward to seeing you and Steph again!
Come see us!
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Check out Blue Papaya in Virgin Grand Estates.
CHM

Post by CHM »

I second Blue Papaya. We stayed there in May 2013 and it is fabulous! 4 equal master suites and full AC. Beautiful kitchen. Just an awesome villa. Equally awesome is La Bella Vita also In Virgin Grand. We stayed at this villa in May 2012. I think the house has full AC now. It is just up the road from Blue Papaya. We are staying at Infinity Villa this June which is also in VG. I will post details after our stay. Each time we have had 4 couples. I will be happy to give more details about the villas if needed. The views from virgin grand are amazing!

Argonauta is a great villa also, but the bedrooms are not equal. One is up a spiral staircase and one has no view. But it really is a great villa with an amazing, lower view. I loved being so close to the water.
vickeryhill

Post by vickeryhill »

I can't say anything about the others, but we have spent multiple visits at Great Expectations with 2 of us and even 12 one time a few years ago. We are actually headed back (so excited) on March 29 for a week with 8 of us (4 couples). We are all in our own king rooms with east & west screened doors (perfect for sunrises, sunsets and breeze) and have the big great room building in the center for eating, relaxing, etc when not in the pool or hot tub.

It is so worth a look. The new 'infinity' pool and the amazing 3/4 of the way around views make it an oasis where you can relax and just be.

Good luck with your search!

http://www.greatexpectationsusvi.com/st ... floor-plan
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

CHM~~ It looks live La Bella Vita has outside stairs to the bedrooms. Is Papaya interior access for the bedrooms?
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Chardonnay

Post by Chardonnay »

We would like to recommend our villa, Villa Solare in Great Cruz Bay Estate http://www.vrbo.com/466293 - 2 Master suites in the main house and another three to choose from in the Cottage - all have their own baths and are air conditioned. Easy walk to the Westin for breakfast or happy hour - this gives you some flexibility with large groups. Very close to downtown, groceries and gas! Our website: http://www.villasolare.com
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

stjchica - There are two bedrooms accessible at the entry level. One is just off the kitchen and the other is actually across a small landing where the stairs go down to the second two bedrooms so access is outside although the stairs are covered. One of the bedrooms on the lower level has a separate sitting/TV area with a couple daybeds. The showers for the upstairs bedrooms are in the "turrets" of the villa so really cool. Even though only 3 of them have some sort of special feature, ALL of the bedrooms are gorgeous and elegantly furnished and, best of all, have VERY comfortable beds!
casalafamiglia

Post by casalafamiglia »

Casa La Famiglia, our family's new villa that has just come on the rental market has exactly what your wish list includes, including both indoor and outdoor showers in every master suite. We are a bit over the budget so if that changes, please keep us in mind. Have a terrific time on island.
C
http://www.casalafamiglia.com
http://www.vrbo.com/494612
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Vida de Mar was nice...
CHM

Post by CHM »

STJChica -La Bella Vita has two bedrooms up and two down with exterior stairs. Blue Papaya is the same but one bedroom down has a sitting room with two day beds off a master so really 5 bedrooms. Great for kids. Infinity Villa has interior stairs with door alarms for the bottom (pool) bedrooms if you have kids. We are staying at Infinity for the first time in June and it has SPECIAL pricing!
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Hi Florida George!! Good to hear from you.

I would suggest Cocotier in Virgin Grand.

http://www.destinationstjohn.com/home.php/11/Cocotier

We stayed there in 06 and it was very nice. 2 kings and 2 kings. Everything else you want. The kitchen/living area can get a bit crowded, but no one is inside that much!

Happy Planning! Let us know :)
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Great Turtle Villa is on our list for our next larger group. Great Pricing and views are unbelievable. We stayed not far from there last year and it's my favorite area to be in. Close to Coral Bay, but an easy drive to Cruz and the north shore beaches.

http://www.vrbo.com/116647