Lurker or contributor?

Travel discussion for St. John
Bigcheeze

Lurker or contributor?

Post by Bigcheeze »

According to Anthony's research.... less than 10% on the forum respond to any posts...the rest of 90% are concerned about what the other 90% think....

Make the forum vibrant add your own take...nobody will say BOO
ShelleyZ

Re: Lurker or contributor?

Post by ShelleyZ »

Caught, Big Cheeze. I'm a long time lurker and occasional contributor. I'll try to be more vocal.
Shelley
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

Im here and I post, when I have a question, or something to say..which is often...( just ask my husband ;-) )

If more posts are wanted...we should have a weekly survey, or question of the week...or just something to create an interesting conversation...

Heres one....

What are your thoughts on the new mosquito borne virus known as Chikungunya has been reported across the Caribbean?
Will it stop you from visiting St. John? Will you do anything extra to try to keep from being infected?

OK...Now Go.....??? :wink: :?: :idea:
BetsyV

Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

I don't think the mosquito borne virus would stop me from visiting the VI's. I know I'd be much more diligent about using repellant though.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

Ahh gee Big Cheeze, the older I get the less I have to say on the forum. We'll see you around in March. How many are you bringing down? 17?

I'm curious how you've set this up logistically? This sounds akin to the D-Day invasion.
kklay

Post by kklay »

Regarding the question of the week, NO, it will NOT stop me from visiting St. John. We always travel with the high powered DEET and have a travel size with us when we go into "town" after a beach day. We do use the bracelets and those have helped many of our group who seem to be mosquito magnets.

Another idea I'd like to try in order to eliminate using chemicals is to use more GIN in drinks! I've been told that would be a natural repellent! (Maybe I was told to "RUB IT" on, not DRINK IT??? :lol:
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I haven't posted in a while, but I'm constantly lurking! My last trip was in June 2013. I guess I'll have to wear more bug repellent if I make back this summer, which I'm hoping to! :D
Image[/url]
lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

Always lurking and listening...I learn so much! Post when I need to:)

Headed to another island in February (so many islands, so little time)......little worried about the skeeters, but it won't stop me 8)

Cheers!

Lisa
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile
david@va.beach

Post by david@va.beach »

Was down about this time last year and the mosquitoes were biting mor than normal--Deet is the best but gin's not bad..Don't wear scented lotions I think it attracts them. We might be coming back in march if our free miles are still good.
All the rain will mean more skeeters, but I'd rather deal with them than this damn cold weather..
daycruise

Post by daycruise »

I'm mostly a lurker. I alway feel others have much more experience and advice then I do, but I will start putting my 2 cents in when I can.
stingrat

Post by stingrat »

How about a contributing lurker. I put comments in when I have something worthwhile to say(most of the time). :wink:
High in the rockies?
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

I used to lurk exclusively then Augie made me get an account. Then we moved and I just got busy. I try to read but don't do it daily any more.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Chet

Post by Chet »

According to 54b, there's a story lurking around every corner.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]