Lobster on St. JOhn

Travel discussion for St. John
vi lover

Lobster on St. JOhn

Post by vi lover »

My wife (and us - a party of 8) are celebrating her 50th Birthday on February 7th. She LOVES Lobster. Any recommendations on where we should go? Her birthday is a Friday night (Morgan's Mango has lobster night, but not on a Friday). I REALLY want her to feel special on this night. I'd sure appreciate your recommendations!
Exit Zero

Re: Lobster on St. JOhn

Post by Exit Zero »

You might try contacting one of the private chefs on STJ and have the lobster dinner cooked and presented at your villa -- that would be very special for a 50th Bday!
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We've really enjoyed the lobster at Lime Inn. They grill it and its yummy. When we were there, they had several sizes of lobsters, even though other restaurants were out of lobster that night. Staff and manager (he may have been the owner?) were friendly and the service was very good. I remember we enjoyed whatever side dishes came with the lobster, but I don't remember what they were :)
Chrisatyler

Post by Chrisatyler »

I definitely agree with the recommendation on using a caterer. We used Katilady catering and it was fabulous. I highly recommend them.
Vickie12

Post by Vickie12 »

Matt at St John Catering is also a great option for in villa catering Have used him twice before. Also, have heard that Ted was also great. Not sure what his business is called. Think Morgan's Mango has all you can eat Lobster night...not sure which night we ate there but the family members that ate lobster enjoyed it. A little pricey...but we always love a meal at Waterfront Bistro (great for special occasion). Enjoy your trip....
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Tourist trap for a lobster rol best lobster on island second best is lime inn
Tom
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

Thanks everyone! I had her look at the Lime Inn menu, and I think we have a winner!
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

The guy next to us a Lime Inn had the lobster and WOW, it was a beauty!!! THe service and food there are great!
Kevino

Post by Kevino »

lazylane wrote:The guy next to us a Lime Inn had the lobster and WOW, it was a beauty!!! THe service and food there are great!
Totally agree!!
kklay

Post by kklay »

A couple of years ago our group had lobster at the Waterfront Bistro. It was delicious and we really enjoyed the view! If I recall they also had yummy desserts.
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Waterfront Bistro "used to have" a great poached lobster tail. My wife loved it when we were there in Dec. 2010 and 2011....... went back in Dec. 2012 and they took their poached lobster off the menu. My wife was so set on having that, we (or she!) decided to just finish our first drink there and leave and head to the Lime Inn (we are really not that kind of people that have ever done that, but she just had her heart set on their poached lobster).
We did return to Waterfront Bistro again last month, but with the expectation that they dropped the lobster from their menu. Nice dinner none the less.
My wife did have a poached lobster tail at The Terrace last month, thought it was ok, not as good as she remembered from Waterfront Bistro.
Agree...... the Lobster roll at Tourist Trap is great!
Image[/url]
CBINPARADISE

Post by CBINPARADISE »

FYI....I paid $51 for 1/2 of a medium sized lobster (+2 sides) at the Lime Inn in November. I thought that was excessive. I did ask what size and when told "medium" I thought it would be the whole lobster.
brenda

Post by brenda »

If you go to Lime Inn, be sure to try their mussels appetizer too. Delicious!!
Going "home" again October 26th!
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

I will also throw Rhumblines into the mix for lobster. Not sure that is is ALWAYS on the menu, but when it is....divine!
sabalpom

Post by sabalpom »

I had an excellent Lobster dinner at Rhumblines last June. I have also had lobster at the Lime Inn (which I felt was overcooked). Both restaurants are excellent, however I do prefer the lobster at Rhumblines!! :D