windy!

Travel discussion for St. John
papabou

windy!

Post by papabou »

well mack & I arrived about 4pm today for our return engagement. one word - WINDY and we were here in july for chantal (sp). as i reported earlier, we are staying at sand dollar at battery hill above cruz bay. nice older complex, sd is very clean well equipped and far exceeded expectations. we're just back from walk into cruz bay for happy hr and early dinner at joes rumhut. good crowd, food & adult bevs. tab cheaper than back home (happy hr sure helped on abr tab) and of course we'll return to both joe's and sand dollar.

we'll rest up and plan our day(monday) when we arise. based on what we hear and have heard, north beaches will be out tomorrow but we'll do drive to see surf. we left our boards at home. maybe come back to choc hole, or hart bay or klien bay where the surf and clarity should be better. applied physics, if wind out of north east, then protected areas will be se end of island. salt pond another possibility but walk too long for the old timers. lamesur out due to anticipated rd conditions for our 670 mile casket grey 2014 jeep cheerfully rented to us by budget on stt. i have to say that this is our third very pleasant experience with the budget folks in less than 2 yrs. a real personalty change for the better!

wives not along, they had the pleasure of our company for 9 days at their favorite beach vacation, grandview on south end of 7 mile beach grand cayman early november. we may have spoiled them and they may not return to stj; their loss, our gain as long as they continue to allow us semi-annual trips (worked for this yr but there could be a limit as to what they may allow).

enough for now but will ponder whether there is enough interest in my frivolity in future posts or is it time for the old man to just follow macks lead and let want happens on stj stay on stj. any thoughts? anyone there? hello. where is everyone?
papabou
PA Girl

Re: windy!

Post by PA Girl »

I am interested!

26 degrees and snow in PA.
Pia

Post by Pia »

I'm following and love this "casket grey 2014 jeep" :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Vickie12

Post by Vickie12 »

Always love reading vacation reports from St. John...my favorite place! Was suppose to be there myself last week...but had to postpone for later time. Think I read the weather was not the best last week (winds, rain). Certainly, hate it for the vacationers...but helped ease my pain from not be able to be there myself! Post away....
Nancie-Pa

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Papabou, your post are always anticipated and very entertaining! As long as you have something to "say", there will be those of us who want to "hear" it. So please continue on. :D
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
star2515

Post by star2515 »

Post away, you have a following!!
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

I love your reports! What is Mack wearing to snorkel this trip? :)
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Agree with the others; continue your posting!

Also interested to hear why the wives prefer Cayman. It's perfectly nice, just too flat and filled with cruise passengers for my liking.
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Always want to hear more Papabou! You always make me smile and I'm glad Budget is making someone happy 8)
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

You and 54b are two of the FUNNIEST posters, so post away! I'm ready for a good laugh! :lol: Y'all have fun!!! :D
augie

Post by augie »

The wind seemed to let up a little bit this afternoon.

I hope it will be kind for you this week!

Unfortunately we will likely miss you this time around - we're heading back stateside tomorrow to watch our son graduate!

We'll be back in around a week or so - just in time for the "reaL" Christmas winds!
Come see us!
papabou

Post by papabou »

thanks for encouraging words & will do some updates but lost 2 lovely novels last nite when clicked on submit. was able to get dry shorter version posted earlier. do want to respond to fellow georgian graysondave about grand cayman. while mack and i like the convenient shore snorkels at gc, its really about what wives want. sort of dues for stj trips for mack and me. gc can't compete beauty wise or for informal ambiance. the brits at gc a little stuffy for us rednecks. what they like is 4 hrs from take off in atl to condo and beach, 2 seconds from condo screen porch to beach, big seagrape trees for shade option on beach and no driving to get anywhere except to and frow airport. enough said?
had a lovely day yesterday, rain last nite and looking good this morning.
papabou
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Thanks for the reply, and your wives are right. All that stuff is nice. But I'm more in your camp with the STJ beauty and ambiance.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Ooooh, another Papabou trip report! Glad to hear that you're happy with Battery Hill, but sorry to hear you're not finding perfect weather.
I'm sure you'll make the best of it, and we look forward to hearing all about your adventures!
loria

Post by loria »

keep 'em coming! freezing here in NY and missing STJ......
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>