mango bay ?/rental co ?

Travel discussion for St. John
star2515

mango bay ?/rental co ?

Post by star2515 »

Hey guys, my family and I were looking at renting Mango Bay villa for our 2014 trip and I was wondering if anyone had stayed there and/or had any thoughts on the villa. I looked and no one has done a villa review yet.

Also I know this has been touched on in a few earlier posts, but Mango Bay is listed with
VRBO
Island Hideaway
Villas of Distinction
Catered to

And I am not sure which I should inquire/rent through. 2 say they have a free car rental to go along with the villa, but I feel like there is a catch there somewhere. Anyway if anyone has any thoughts or has used any of these (other than VRBO), I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks as always everyone is always so helpful!! :) --Ashley
papabou

Re: mango bay ?/rental co ?

Post by papabou »

mango bay is a lovely villa in a wonderful central northshore location. i never understood why they didn't do something about the roads in catherinesburg home to some of the nicest villas on the island.

i've never stayed there so can't comment on villa but will comment on who to rent thru. vrbo has "vacation listings by owner" thus site name. vrbo #376564 for mango bay gives a phone number of 340-776-6641 which is in the vis and happens to be cateredto's local no. soooo, cateredto apparently manages mb and handles vrbo inquiries for the owner. the other companies you mentioned are probably wholesalers w/o an island office, cateredto does. they are a very reputable company and handle many of the finest villas on island. the one time i used them was very pleasant and have read no negs about them.

i would suggest you call cateredto since they probably handle the "book" and and are in direct contact with the owner. inquire about the free rental car offered by the others. i note cto is offering a 20% last minute discount on villa and at her price points, that's more than a weeks car rental. hmmm, are rates for those offering free car quoting villa at rack rates? just wondering.

good luck & happy hunting.
papabou