If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes...

Travel discussion for St. John
PA Girl

Re: If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes...

Post by PA Girl »

Thanks for all the pictures. I showed my husband at dinner and he was all "I wish we were now STJ now!" He would have been directing me to get out and move the barriers. I am normally a rule-follower but I would have done it.
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

sailorgirl wrote:800,000 people, including my BIL will not get a paycheck this week, I'm just saying...perspective folks.
I'm included in that furlough but it's still sad.
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

equineannie wrote:You can thank the 80 Tea Party affiliated Representatives in the House for this. House Speaker Boehner has the votes to pass a budget extension, but is too afraid of wrath of those 80 people to do so. Remember this when you hit the voting booth...
Can we please not do this.

Everyone has their own opinion on who or what is to blame here. One of my favorite things about this forum is how free from political bickering it is as we are all united in our love of St. John.

Just sayin...
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

Thank you michigan girls for saying what I felt before I could actually say it. :D
There are more sides to this issue and the folks who are first to suffer in all this are the federal employees that are without a paycheck and the businesses, contractors and other hard working people that rely on those fed employees spending their paychecks to keep their own paychecks coming in. Lets hope this impass is resolved soon.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
Terry

Post by Terry »

I feel so sorry for folks that are on island or are going to be soon. This is so far reaching...

My Sister and BIL sell large boats and even with 3-4 deals needing to close, they are being told that it probably won't happen until the US Coast Guard vessel documentation center can catch up with the backlog after the gov't does re-open.

It is so far reaching.......

We here in CO at least have a Gov. that is pulling State funds to keep the ball rolling on rebuilding our infrastructure. We have to get these roads rebuilt.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

It all started with that dang sign at the ferry dock. Now with the shutdown they went crazy~ :roll:
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
mdcoles1

Post by mdcoles1 »

Gibney was lovely today... One more day in paradise. Thk you us government !!