Stupid Obsession

Travel discussion for St. John
Bigcheeze

Stupid Obsession

Post by Bigcheeze »

Thanks a lot to the cruise ship 20 years ago that gave a choice of STT or STJ.

Thanks a lot to the rental jeep company that gave us a jeep for a day and a silly map.

Thanks a lot to driving up Centerline and to all the beaches as we descend to the north shorh

Thanks a lot to Kelly at Bordeaux Mnt for the 1st pour as you go Rum and Coke for the road

Thanks a lot to the beautiful vistas and beaches.

Thanks a lot to the vibe...the beauty...the people...the donkeys,,,the chickens....the cheeseburgers at Skinnys...

Thanks a lot to my family that is obsessed too.

Thanks for the forum that keeps my obsession seem somewhat normal for the lucky ones that don't mind being obsessed with the island.

Thanks for making me not plan so much and let each day develop without a 'gameplan'.

Thank you for one obsession that I hope I will never be 'cured' from...
cocosmom

Re: Stupid Obsession

Post by cocosmom »

Love it!
So, true.
Ours was a free 4 day trip that hubby won to the now Westin. We "got it" took a jeep out each day and fell in love. Unfortunately, family, economy,college tuitions and now elderly parent make regular visiting impossible. This forum helps me each day!
Vickie420

Post by Vickie420 »

Love your post...thanks for letting me know I am not alone:) I have not been to many other islands because I just can't get away from this one.
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

Thanks for this post. Way back in the 80’s my parents' Windjammer cruise stopped at Charlotte Amalie and they spent a day on STJ, sending us a postcard photo from Cinnamon Bay Campground. It showed a tent in beach sand with a glimpse of turquoise water. I hung onto that postcard for years. When we retired to what had been our vacation destination for years, (Cape Cod) we looked for an affordable getaway at the end of the long New England winter. Two weeks camping in Cinnamon Bay Campground has been our happy solution. Just love everything about it, except maybe the bugs.
Connie

Post by Connie »

My obsession with my Great Aunt, years and years ago when I was a young girl. She always said that she wanted to take us to STT. Of course, she has passed. Fast forward 20 years and after traveling to many places, we set our sights on a trip to the Islands.

We have always stayed on STT, but we have also been on STJ many times, met friends from this forum, was able to be down there when a friends daughter in law gave birth and have made some lifelong friends.

We love being able to island hop and hope to get back ASAP. Once you go, you're hooked.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
CaseyB

Post by CaseyB »

i love this forum! It keeps us all sane, even though we know we're insane! Thanks to everyone NOT afraid to post, or ramble whatever they feel or is on their mind. What a special place! I attached a great picture of Francis Bay pictures from STJ back in April 2013. : )
Attachments
21301_10100416856560017_123194301_n.jpg
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

CaseyB wrote:i love this forum! It keeps us all sane, even though we know we're insane! Thanks to everyone NOT afraid to post, or ramble whatever they feel or is on their mind. What a special place! I attached a great picture of Francis Bay pictures from STJ back in April 2013. : )
Stay in touch with my insanity, really is the only way (such a wise man, Jimmy Buffett)

Two weeks from right now, I'll be back in touch with my (insane) sanity :-)
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Thank you Bigcheese for amazing posts!! Sure hope we get to see you and your family for your next visit!!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

My family is thankful for this forum. I can obsess with others who obsess. They are tired of hearing about it day in and day out. My fingers are crossed that come December when I get to take them there that one of them will "GET IT."