Virgin Gorda Ferry from St John

Travel discussion for St. John
Pittgirl

Virgin Gorda Ferry from St John

Post by Pittgirl »

We've decided to take the ferry to Virgin Gorda tomorrow to see the Baths. We only have a couple of questions...where is the best place to park considering we are going to be gone all day? We used Slimman's earlier in the week but that doesn't seem like the best option for all day parking. Is the parking near customs public parking? is there a fee? Also, do you have to pay cash for your ferry ticket to Virgin Gorda? There are five of us so I need to make sure we have enough cash for tickets, then taxis and lunch. Thank you all for your help. Having a great time on island.....yeah, Chantal missed us!!!
Tracy in WI

Re: Virgin Gorda Ferry from St John

Post by Tracy in WI »

I would park in the gravel lot by the tennis courts - free and an easy walk to town. As for the rest of your questions, I have no idea but we're hoping to take the ferry in August and I'd love to know what you thought and what you ended up doing!

have fun - Happy that Chantal missed you!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Pittgirl

Re: Virgin Gorda Ferry from St John

Post by Pittgirl »

We ended up parking at Slimman's for the day - cost us $20. He charges you $15 for all day until 5pm and we gave him a $5 tip. It looked like there was some parking by the tennis courts but we couldn't see any open spots and frankly Slimman's seemed safer. We used cash for our ferry tickets - $80 each round trip which includes the custom fee. Taxi in Virgin Gorda to the Baths cost $4 per person one way. Had a great time!!