Sunset Sail

Travel discussion for St. John
lazylane

Sunset Sail

Post by lazylane »

Something we have never done! Looking for more firsts for our next trip! Any recommendations? Possibly with open bar and Hors d'oeuvre. Thanks!
mit43

Re: Sunset Sail

Post by mit43 »

We LOVED ours on Kekoa!
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
bchbum82

Post by bchbum82 »

Depending on time of the year, New Horizons is great. We usually travel mid to late October, and last year there was only 20 people on the boat. It was a really good time with not a lot of people. We have gone before when it has been packed. If you like a lot of people it may be fun when there's a lot on the boat. We're not crowd people though.
Nancie-Pa

Post by Nancie-Pa »

I'm a Kekoa fan,too. It's a big,wide catamaran with lots of room. They have 2 swinging hammock chairs,some oversized bean bag type seats (love sitting in those :D ) as well as plenty of regular seating. And a new cute,little puppy mascot named Koa! Snacks and drinks were good,too. I was on their sunset sail on May 16th and we saw the Green Flash! Well, most of us did..stupid me had my back turned just as it happened! :(
I will definitely go out with them again. Have fun with whomever you choose!
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I highly recommend Spitfire. It is a six guest sailboat. I like the smaller boats over the big multi-person charters. They offer drinks and light hors d'ouevres. The crew is very friendly and the boat is beautiful.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

liamsaunt wrote:I highly recommend Spitfire. It is a six guest sailboat. I like the smaller boats over the big multi-person charters. They offer drinks and light hors d'ouevres. The crew is very friendly and the boat is beautiful.
Could you post the website?
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Capn Dan and Ruby wrote:Could you post the website?
I don't think they have their own website, but you can see pictures of the boat, read testimonials, and contact them via the Sail St. John website, which is the website for all of the boats that go out of Caneel Bay. You do not have to be a guest of Caneel Bay to book via this site or to sail from their dock.

FYI the charter fee is usable towards the Caneel Bay parking fee also. My group parked multiple jeeps in the Caneel lot to go out with Spitfire last summer and the front desk counted the one receipt as credit for all of the vehicles.

http://www.sailstjohn.com/
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Kalina out of Caneel is quite lovely!
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Thanks liamsaunt! Checked it out it looks really good! :D
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

thanks, everyone!