Battery Hill

Travel discussion for St. John
bushz

Battery Hill

Post by bushz »

Hi All

Has anyone stayed at the units on Battery Hill? I'm looking for a place for me and my wife and this is one of the places we are looking. The units don't have a lot of doors to bring the outside in, but they are close to town and they seem nice. I found another condo for less money and it has a great deck with 6 doors that open to bring the outside in and a great view.

Any info would be great, thanks
EagleRayLover

Re: Battery Hill

Post by EagleRayLover »

We stayed there two separate trips, the most recent feb 2013 in the Rainbow's End unit. The first time was just for two days when we needed a place for an extra time before we could get in our villa , but the past trip was for our entire stay of a week. It met our needs very nicely. We enjoyed the view and had four iguanas that regularly sunned themselves in the trees right outside our balcony. We had lots of bananaquits that were enticed to come visit by a little plate of sugar each morning. The rooms were fine for what we needed them for. Pool was good! Any specific questions, feel free to ask!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Kevino

Post by Kevino »

I hear good things about Battery Hill but never stayed there. Have stayed at Lavender Hill just before it many times and very satisfied, lavenderhill.net. Easy walk into town.
myluckydog

Post by myluckydog »

Take a look at Palm Terrace Villas.. about a 1/2 block from Battery Hill, really pretty, newer and huge units with nice water views. They are about the same price as the others you are looking.. and also just as close to town.. a block walk to Frank Bay Beach too.
www.destinationstjohn.com is rental manager.

Forumites have said good things.
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

We've stayed at Battery Hill for extended periods over the last few years and definitely give it a thumbs up. We think it's the best condo value on the island.

Unlike most condos, the Battery Hill units have windows on all four sides. Depending on the unit, this may mean more views, but it definitely means better breezes. Battery Hill's higher location keeps the units (and the pool deck) comfortable.

Seven of the eight units at Battery Hill have two bedrooms and we appreciate this extra space. And of course we love the proximity to Cruz Bay and views of the harbor.

There can be some noise in the evening from the bars in town, but it only seems to happen once or twice a week. Never a problem sleeping, though, as the AC units in the bedrooms offer just enough white noise to neutralize the bands.

TM