Showing that you are a forumite

Travel discussion for St. John
Capn Dan and Ruby

Showing that you are a forumite

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

In past visits, I always wonder who on the beach is a forumite ( or at the Beach Bar). We need a signal... like a yellow ( or some other color than red or blue) bandana tied to your beach bag/ back pack/cooler/beach chair. This would work at the Beach Bar as well if you are carying a bag. Or maybe a pass word type of statement that wouldn't seem weird. Ideas any one? :? There are a bunch of us there in June! :D :D :D
Joppa

Re: Showing that you are a forumite

Post by Joppa »

This reminded me of a thread from a few years ago, very funny. You must great every person you see with the words " mekka lekka hi" If you are a forum member, you should reply "mekka heiny ho" Here is a link
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/v ... f=1&t=8090
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

Hahahaha.... That thread is too funny.

BUT its a great idea!

Maybe St. John Spice can carry a bandanna, or a luggage tag...with the store/island logo or a palm tree on it...
I bet everyone who is on here and goes to STJ..would go in and buy one or two...

Its a good idea, to get people in the store and make a sale..even if its a small one...BUT I bet once they get in there they will buy more then that. :wink:

For Disney world ( Dis Boards) we used the lime green Mickey head paint swatches( from lowes) to make our tags... Met a lot of people from the boards that way!
BetsyV

Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

We just gotta figure something. I know I have missed people at the BB not knowing who was who... and I can not tell you how many people on the beach I have had to ask and then had to explain what the forum is... I don't like to have to explain things, so I quit asking.
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

Well Whatever is decided ..Please post it. I will be glad to show my forumite status.
I would love to meet some of you nice people in person... :!:
BetsyV

michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

I've had the same thoughts in the past. I think a good idea would be for STJ Spice to carry the rubber band type bracelet in a bright color. They are so inexpensive to buy a couple hundred online. It could say something about VIOL Forum member and also STJ Spice on them. Ruth could sell them for a couple of bucks each. I know she's a big fan of the STJ ACC. Maybe she'd even want to donate part of the profit to the ACC. IT would be a WIN-WIN-WIN situation. Forumites find each other, Ruth gets store traffic and advertisement, the ACC gets a donation.

Here's a link to a site where you can get 200 bands for $33.00
http://www.wrist-band.com/debossed-cust ... wristbands
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Great ideas everyone...We need to do this.
And I love the idea of them being for sale at St. John Spice with profits to ACC.
Now I need to plan a trip so I have an occasion to wear said bracelet.. :D
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
needmesomesun

Post by needmesomesun »

There were T-Shirt and bags sold (I think Vicki was the model!). They said "Haven't I seen you on the Forum?"

Also there were those zippered cooling wraps that go on a bottle of beer (koozies??) sold at St. John Spice. Not sure what the status is of all those items.
"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea."
~ Karen von Blixen
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

Lindy

Post by Lindy »

I vote for the little beanies with the propeller on top!
Kevino

Post by Kevino »

I bought 2 of the t-shirts and brought them to St. John a few years back. when I put one on, Carol cracked up laughing and that was the end of the forum t-shirt. We're still laughing. The beanie with the propeller?...lol....I'm for the wrist-band.

Leslie...thinking of you and your adventure!

Kevin,
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

Kevino wrote:.I'm for the wrist-band.

Kevin,
I agree...
BetsyV

Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

I think the bracelet is a great idea!! :D
scotties

Post by scotties »

A lot of great ideas for the long term! Since we will be there in June while Cap'n Dan and Ruby are, what should we do for the near term?
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Steve would always wear his but we usually wounds make play dates before hand and meet by the tree if possible. When we knew there was a big group, we would often bring $1.00 store glow bracelets for everyone an easy and fun way to know to approach someone!
Kevin thanks for asking - i am pretty good! Went to STT, got my IRB taken care of for my PT license and for my flyer done for the island guest babysitting service and several villa management companies want them!! GOT A CAR today as well! I negotiated it and everything !! Bessie will be leaving soon!!! Thanks for asking. Hope to see you soon - had a wonderful time with you guys!!! Xoxo
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting