Two Questions for this week

Travel discussion for St. John
CHM

Two Questions for this week

Post by CHM »

Thank you everyone for your help in planning this trip. I have two more questions.
1) where do we get pizza to go in Cruz Bay since the Cafe Roma fire?
2) how expensive is sun screen on island? This appears to be the determining factor between checking a bag and carry on. And we are traveling with a 4 year old. Thanks!
toni

Re: Two Questions for this week

Post by toni »

We like Ronnie's pizza by dolphin market. As to sunscreen I don't know current prices, but we check with the villa rep, some villas are really good about keeping sunscreens on hand from past visitors, or if you have a favorite then you can re size it to one of the smaller empty containers you can pick up in walmart that's 3 oz and is ok for carry on. We do that with most of our liquids. Or some people ship ahead too. Have fun!
brenda

Post by brenda »

I love Da Livio's thin crust pizza, across from The Lime Inn. Delicious! Also, Joe's Rum Hut has a pretty good pizza too.
Going "home" again October 26th!
kklay

Post by kklay »

Regarding the sunscreen, last fall when we were in St. John I believe pricing at the Chelsea drugstore was between $17 and $21/bottle - and they were the smaller size.

I will say that snack-type items on the island are quite a bit more expense than on the mainland and with a 4 year old, you might want to pack some favorite items to bring along. A one-way checked bag can usually offset the price of these items, plus - you can't always find the brand/type you might want.

Have a great trip!
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

Definitely Ronnie's Pizza. They also have some really good chocolate brownies. As for sunscreen, most villas have varieties of sunscreens leftover from people. I've never had to buy sunscreen.
My Heart is in St. John!
CHM

Post by CHM »

Thanks so much! :D
KAY

Post by KAY »

$9.99 for 8.5oz tube of No Ad 50spf at Pine Peace market 2 weeks ago. Cheaper than paying for a checked bag both ways!