August trip

Travel discussion for St. John
bushz

August trip

Post by bushz »

Hi All

I am planning my first trip to STJ this summer. A co-worker just reurned last week and told me that he spoke to many of the people there and was told that businesses start closing in July and that it will be very quiet in the summer. Is this true?

Thanks
JJShaw

Re: August trip

Post by JJShaw »

We went in August of 2010 and found it to be very enjoyable, we usually go in June but August would be my second choice, to me the weather was nicer and not as humid. We didnt have any problems finding things closed at all. I think its usually about Sept or Oct when some of the things close or have limited hours. Ruth of St John Spice usually has a listing of hours for different places for those months..I wouldnt worry..I would go, you will love it..Im sure others will chime in as well about this...and I know there are a cpl other threads about August trips too..
[/url]
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

We were on island mid-August last year and it was great! One brief shower though we did leave right before a TS brought a lot of rain. The only closed places I remember were the Tourist Trap and the main restaurant at the Westin. The St.John spice list is linked right from their website and is very comprehensive.
MN_Bhoy

Post by MN_Bhoy »

We were there in early August last year. Weather was great, water temp was about 86, most if not all restaurants were open, beach crowds were pretty low. Seems to me like a great time of the year to go!!!
MN_Bhoy
Take me to 18N 64W!