DELETED

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Ditto X. Many times I think I may be a little out there, well on this forum anyway. I don't post anything anywhere else, but I do feel like you guys get it.

I just hope it never bites me in the a$#.

Jorge, we luv ya no matter what you post.
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

Jorge,

We definitely don't want "forum worry" to negatively impact your vacation, or that of your fellow travelers. Just have a great time and tell us whatever you want. You can just tell us the embarassing things that YOU did :o

Honestly, my favorite part of all your reports was when you talked about just weeping when you got to your favorite beach. So, yes, certainly censor for your comfort and the comfort of those around you, but don't leave out the heart!
Paula

Bug

Post by Bug »

I love ya Jorge, regardless of what you do and don't post!! I still wanna hear the juicy stuff though :twisted:
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Xislandgirl wrote:
I guess my way of thinking is completely opposite of this. My cyberlife is part of my real life. I do not make any representations on-line that are not part of who I am every day. I am a crazy, sometimes crass, sometimes sweet, always opinionated, occasionally ditzy, always confident woman. On-line or in person.

I'm not saying that I am a different person on the board versus real life...I'm kind of a jerk in both places. My point is that, as helpful and as fun as this board can be, it still is only an internet message board. Resonable minds can disagree on what role that should play in one's life.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Jorge,
Do you have PMS?
It sounds like you are being sensetive an worrying like I do when I have that. :lol:

Post whatever you feel comfortable with. I have never been offended by anything and have loved it all!
jdw

Post by jdw »

Will the real Jorge please come back!!! I can honestly say that I have not only been counting the days until MY next trip but was also counting the days until the DBFT so that I could read a live report from Jorge daily. Each one makes my day and makes me more excited about my trip coming up in November. Every night this week when my husband comes home from work he asks me how Jorge's day was in St. John!!! Jorge - please think about how many people will be disappointed if you stop writing reports - don't change who you are and what you enjoy doing for someone who may be a "little" uptight. We love you buddy.
Robin in NC

Post by Robin in NC »

I hear you, Jorge, and I can understand that you're on the horns of a dilemma. ("Horny" joke redacted.) We're with you, either way. Your enjoyment in real life and real time is more imortant than our vicarious thrills. We know STJ isn't St. Jorge, so enjoy your trip and let us know what you want, and don't let second thoughts spoil your fun.

Robin
RickG

Post by RickG »

I'm with X, I don't say anything here that I would not say to everyone's face. I assume that my lover and 15 year old daughter will be reading these posts (they do).

That being said, I want to hear about Kellyanna's dabaucheries. Please?! Pictures?

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
bobcside

Post by bobcside »

I think Jorge is adjusting to being a Poperotzy (?) of sorts or at least it sounds that way. I think his dilema is posting a fun report without invading someones privacy who would not post about themselves what it is he may post. An interesting dilema. Think about it for a minute and imagine you and yours being in a group and wondering what about your otherwise private (sort of) adventures may be cronicled on a forum such as this for ALL to see. Kids, bosses, parents, the sky's the limit. Never crossed my mind before his post. Jorge you have a problem. You like to share your some times or most times wild exploits and now have been given a moment of pause as to others you include. I would suggest a group meeting and set parameters as to what type conduct is off-limits for posting purposes. This is a tough one. Another unexpected cyberspace quandary. Good Luck Jorge but by all means don't let this screw up your good time. Many minds = many opinions. Level with them all and let the chips fall where they may..
BOB
MIke

Post by MIke »

Jorge,

Geez,I would hate to be under the pressure you seem to be under on your vacation.Forget about us and enjoy the moment.My imagination about what is going on down there is probably better than reality.Remember,you're on island time.

Mike
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

MIke wrote:Jorge,

Geez,I would hate to be under the pressure you seem to be under on your vacation.Forget about us and enjoy the moment.My imagination about what is going on down there is probably better than reality.Remember,you're on island time.

Mike
I have to agree with Mike.....enjoy your vacation, and just give us Jorge; your reports of the things you were doing always kept me laughing.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Jorge, I hope your friends aren't really worried about your posts! All us desk jockies are just living vicariously through you right now and wishing we were there, that's all.

With or without the posts, here's wishing you a fabulous time!
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

IMHO,

I know on any given day in STJ, many of us may be living it up, having fun times and making good on their escape from reality.

If I were the more cautious type and didn't want my behavior spoken of, I guess I wouldn't be engaging in that particular behavior. I will actually confess my transgressions to all of you and have a good time doing it. I have gotten in trouble by not keeping my piehole shut at times but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

For me it's all about letting loose and letting go. Having fun and being with the people I love. Stepping out of my shoes for a minute and just exhaling. I'm not the woman sitting at her desk in the office, or the "mam" "lady" (geez, that bugs), out running my daily life. I'm just stripping down those layers and trying to be me. A young, fun, girl doing just that, having fun!

Personally, I love reading trip reports but most especially those with character written in them. These are the standouts and the ones you wait on baited breath to read the next installment of.

Yeah, I can be bitchy, ornery & irritated. But I'm also a sweet, fun and adventurous person looking to have my next good island time to write about.

You can still write about playful "nekkidness" and debauchery and if someone sincerely doesn't want to be included in your tales, you can make some respectful exclusions and carry on with the fun spirited tales. "Savvy?"
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

bobcside wrote:I think Jorge is adjusting to being a Poperotzy (?)
Paparazzi! Hey - now that's Italian... :)
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
patr

Post by patr »

Awww Jorge, do whatever makes you feel good.

But most of all, have a great vacation!

Luvya,
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~