Verizon

Travel discussion for St. John
RonUSVI

Verizon

Post by RonUSVI »

I understand that Verizon is seeking permits for a tower on St Thomas. Verizon users your problems will soon be over. I suppose STJ is also on the plan.
RL 8)
loria

Re: Verizon

Post by loria »

good news to us verizon roamers!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

This is great news, and I hope Verizon gets some towers in the USVI.

We just returned from STJ and Verizon charges were an endless conversation topic among our group, all Verizon customers. Before we left, Verizon confirmed that we'd only be charged for voice calls and picture messaging. No charge for texts, email, web access (at least on our plan). Although we made no Verizon voice calls -- we used AT&T's Go Phone for voice calls -- we still got text messages from Verizon that we were being charged for data roaming. While on St. John, I happened to receive my monthly bill via email and there were charges for "Global Roam - Caribbean." I called Verizon and they agreed to remove these charges.

Bottom line . . . be aware that voice calls on Verizon MAY be charged at $1.99 per minute (your plan may vary) while in USVI. And if you get a bill for charges you didn't incur, call Verizon to see if they'll remove them from your bill.

TM
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

They still seem to be one of the companies that don't understand that the US in USVI means United States. I understand as I get guests from time to time that don't know either! 8)
RL 8)
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Excellent! That's great news!