I live here now.

Travel discussion for St. John
mountaingurl

I live here now.

Post by mountaingurl »

And it's totally surreal! Everything is coming up roses and I want to thank any of you who took the time to give me pointers or offer me advice. I started a blog about my ramblings and wanderings. Here is the link if you would like to check it out:

http://wherethebreezesblow.wordpress.com/

:mrgreen:
lprof

Re: I live here now.

Post by lprof »

Great to hear from you!!! Congratulations on the successful move.
Thanks for the link... a quick look tells me that I won't want to miss a post there... well done.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
mountaingurl

Post by mountaingurl »

Thanks! You must come to Asolare for dinner while you are here! I work Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun :)
lprof

Post by lprof »

mountaingurl wrote:Thanks! You must come to Asolare for dinner while you are here! I work Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun :)
I'll keep you and Asolare in mind! :wink:
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

You work with my friend, Sharon! Tell her Dominica says hi and I will see her soon!
cindygad

Post by cindygad »

Hilary,
Welcome to St John. What a lovely place to call home. May you find happiness in where breezes blow.I can only dream of one day calling St John my home.

How exciting to have a whole day each week to explore the island. Your blog is amazing! Have you ever thought about a career in writing? I do not know what your background is but you certainly have a knack for it. Your descriptions make me feel like I am right there and can see and hear what you are seeing.

Asolare is on my to do list in Jan. What job are you doing there? What are your favorite foods on menu and drinks I will look forward to saying Hi when we are there .

Enjoy
Cindy
snorkelqueen

Post by snorkelqueen »

Amazing and wonderful. Thank you so much for your blog, it made me smile, cry and quite simply look at my life in a whole new light. If only I was 30 years younger......I'd join you in a heartbeat.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Congrats Hillary....drove past Asolare a bunch last week but never stopped in..I hope you have an amazing chapter of your life on St. John....Enjoy each day....and take it all in.. :D Pam
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

WOW! Your writing and your story are both amazing. It is fun to hear you tell us about your new discoveries and experiences. I feel like I already know you. Cindygad is correct. You need to think about a writing career.

I think, if you have that much fun snorkeling, you need to see about diving. Diving is snorkeling in 3D. You are not on top looking down at them. You are there among them.

Keep the entries coming. We are all living our lives in St John through you.

Thanks

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

loverotties

Post by loverotties »

You Go Girl !!!!! It surely seems your plan is working for the new chapter in your life . Have fun , explore & follow your dreams . .. . . . I will be following your blog I love it .
Wrinkles Only Go Where The Smiles Have Been !
mountaingurl

Post by mountaingurl »

OMG--- Thank you all soooo much for your kind words. I am truly moved :)

I have been working to find freelance writing jobs and was actually doing culinary writing for a few blogs while I was in Denver. If anyone has a hook on something, anything, I'm all ears. It's my passion and I strive to also make it my livelihood!

I will be posting at least twice a week. If anyone here has some information they need on island, let me know and I will do a write up...I'm always looking for new material.

At Asolare, everything is amazing, and yes, I know Sharon and will tell her you said hello, Dominica! I am serving and bar tending, so if you stop by on any of my days on, you will see me :)

Thanks again all!
Hillary
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Hillary - Your writing is wonderful - glad to read you are enjoying the move and new adventures.
I suggest you also post your blog info on the vimovingcenter.com site - it will certainly be of interest to those of us who live here and those people reading who are actually trying to plan a move to the VI as well, maybe even more meaning to them than vacationers who see the VI as just a dream.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

You GO gurl!! If I were oh.....twenty or thirty years younger, I'd hop on the next plane to join you. (If I did that now Hubby and the kids would have me committed.) What a fun adventure and you will meet some of the MOST amazing people, I'm sure. STJ just seems to be a magnet for that.
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

Dear Hillary,

Wow! How I envy you. You are doing something that most people do not have the guts too. On one of our cruises years ago, my husband and I met 2 young girls in St. Maartin, while we were having drinks with one of our "cruise coupon booklets -- free drink here if you buy one!" Anyhow, we experienced our first Painkiller and were chatting up these girls, who left home after college and got jobs aboard a Disney ship, they were one of the staff photographers and the other some kind of kids party coordinator (gee - you think? On a Disney ship).. :) They were telling us all about how much fun they were having, all the places they were getting to see, and it was the time of their lives!

I remember traveling back to the cruise ship, and herding through all of the passengers, and my husband and I looked at each other, and were thinking the same thing... Why didn't we do that when we had the chance? No, we went right to work.. and now have to plan one week a year to see it all. Trouble is.. we always come back to St. John!

So, I envy you. You did at 32 what I've wanted to do since I met those young girls... Now i'm about 15 years from retirement (I hope)... and we spend one week a year coming back to our favorite place in the world... St. John. People think we are crazy for going to the same place, and I just tell them we are not.. we have found our paradise and simply just want to be there. I'm going to come to Asolare for dinner when we are there in Jan/Feb. and I'm going to look you up and give you a hug....

Enjoy this time, have a ball. Live this chapter in your life to the fullest, because you never know where the next moment will take you.

You write amazingly, and I'm going to enjoy your blog!

Have a GREAT day today!
Tami
Image[/url]
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Another jealous/envious person here. Love the blog! Hope to run into you on STJ some day.