WHERE is EVERYONE?

Travel discussion for St. John
loria

WHERE is EVERYONE?

Post by loria »

lots of folks that we haven't heard from in a while......
vicki, gromit, flipflop, chicagoans (ok, we've seen a bit of her, but she is super fun... so.... and so many others.....and so the list does GO ON........... come back to your forum family ! we miss you! (well i do at any rate....i am sure that others do too!)
ps. Gromit, my brother is back in the states married the gal he was with in madagascar (two weeks ago) and while he may go off again, will always register in whatever country he is in.......
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Bandit

Re: WHERE is EVERYONE?

Post by Bandit »

There appears to be a new cast of fans that have replaced those of us that used to answer all the questions and entertain the inmates. I don't think the entertainment value is anything close to the fun and games that we all had back then IMHO. Oh well...Anthony is still making the jack (I mean chee$e) off of all of us. Yes I put (I mean chee$e) in between jack and off by design. :wink:

I'm off for a bit so watch for me sitting on the 5 gallon bucket out back.
And please...no autographs! :evil:

Bandit :D

PS...Hi Pete & Marcia!
cat

Post by cat »

It has been a while. A few trips later....I guess I have been on Facebook with friends from here. We are going back again in June and are looking forward to it as usual! It is such a special place!!!!
mit43

Post by mit43 »

We're right here at Gallows Point watching the ferry come in and trying to decide which beach to go to this morning....
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Vicki left the forum and FB a while ago after having a some issues with a " fan"
Gromit dropped off shortly after having her baby.
Flip flop is the busiest person I know, based on her FB update
It is the natural progression of the interwebs. People move on and new people come in.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I come here to look a few times a week but a lot of people seem to haved moved to facebook. The problem is sometimes I forget forum names since most people use real names on facebook. Time is a factor too. By the time I check my 3 e-mail accounts and go to facebook I need to get up and move and get off the chair!
I still like the TGIF and I like to look at the "need a laugh" on the off topic forum. I need a laugh quite frequently. :)
I miss the old days too but people move on.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

I still check this forum now and again, just to see what's going on. But, Marcia and I have been exploring different vacation spots lately, so STJ related issues are not as interesting to us as they once were. Also, a lot of the people that I used to "talk" with here have move to Facebook. So, we moved the discussion over there.

"Hi" back atcha, Bandit. We did have some fun back in the day, didn't we.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
jdw

Post by jdw »

What a coincidence! Just last week I was thinking about Vicki, Gromit and Flip Flop! I also miss Rick, Ruth and Mary Beth!!!

Come back gang!!!
Coden

Post by Coden »

I am currently in the Daniel Boone National Forest for a weekend party. No cell phone coverage but our lodge has free wi-fi. Yippee!!
Coden
Pia

Post by Pia »

The St John page on Facebook !!!!

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Great topic!! I have posted very seldom on here since not having the funds, means, or time to head to STJ!! And as others have mentioned..........we are friends with alot of the folks on Facebook.

But, Bandit really? Why do you show up every now and again to "blast" people. We met briefly at the Beach Bar in 2004 and you were "rude" and "unfriendly". I have spent time and kept in touch with "California Girl" since that era and she is a very good friend.

Anthony.............you should ban "Bandit" for his talk of you. The good you have done with the forum, and the benefits I have reaped are beyond belief. If you make money...........well "hello"!!! It's what we normal people do!!

Will be back on Island 10/28 after almost 4 years of taking care of elderly parents and not being able to get away!
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I had a feelling that many of the "oldies but goodies" had moved over to Facebook. I'm just not into Facebook at all and have resisted the whole F'in world over there but I might (just might) have to check it out. I guess I'm just an old fuddy duddy.

I miss some of the old crowd too but there are others that I really don't miss at all. What I miss is the activity before the change. Please don't everyone leave me here all alone. :cry:
loria

Post by loria »

ok, so where is this sacred Facebook world?....
the VIOL Facebook page?
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
bobob1916

Post by bobob1916 »

I just hate facebook......I prefer this forum.
toni

Post by toni »

Diana2 wrote:I had a feelling that many of the "oldies but goodies" had moved over to Facebook. I'm just not into Facebook at all and have resisted the whole F'in world over there but I might (just might) have to check it out. I guess I'm just an old fuddy duddy.:

I'm with you, I too resist Facebook :wink:

I tend to be on the forum more when I have a trip in the works (December!). And I'm with Pete that we go to a lot of other places now so I'm not on as much.

I do think traffic is down after the change though I have become used to it.