Post by Lex »

Local VI tv did a brief piece on Coral World's dolphin project, including
comments by the Curator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPUR4xXFIrA

Curator says "Dolphins do very well in this type of a setting."
loria

Re: Coral World Curator speaks on dolphins

Post by loria »

hmmmm thanks lex. I just don't see how an animal that is as intelligent as a dolphin would take to being cooped up like that and bombarded by humans. it seems cruel.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

What else is someone who gets paid from Coral World going to say- "The dolphins hate but we need the money!" :oops:
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

Total lie, they DO NOT DO WELL, have a much shorter life span. Taking a dolphin, into this environment, is no different than putting a human in there. The quest for the all mighty dollar just never ends. I was thinking of returning to live on St Thomas but this has sealed my decision, I will not live anywhere that tolerates this. :evil:
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

equineannie wrote:Total lie, they DO NOT DO WELL, have a much shorter life span. Taking a dolphin, into this environment, is no different than putting a human in there. The quest for the all mighty dollar just never ends. I was thinking of returning to live on St Thomas but this has sealed my decision, I will not live anywhere that tolerates this. :evil:

There are many people on and off ST Thomas who disagree with this and there is a petition to sign which I have put the link below for you to check out. It was initiated by a St Thomas woman who is very nice that I have had ongoing email exchanges. be sure to look for the area to mark so your email address does not get forwarded to other organizations.
But don't not move back because Coral World administrators are kooks!!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/374/581/ ... n-islands/
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting