vow renewal questions

Travel discussion for St. John
STTlover

vow renewal questions

Post by STTlover »

I'm posting this here instead of the STT forum bc it will get more looks. While my family is down in STT next month, my siblings and I want to surprise our parents with a vow renewal for their wedding anniversary. Does anyone know if one is able to get ordained for the day? We may want my husband to perform the ceremony. If not, does anyone know of a good jp who does vow renewals inexpensively?
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

I don't know if this will really help or not but you may want to contact Mary Bartolucci at Islandstylewedding.com
She is from St John but does weddiing renewals and probably has tons of contacts in St Thomas, but I personally would take them over to a beach on St John and surprise them with Mary!! ( When you contact her tell her Leslie recommended her!)
Good luck!!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
ednjess

Post by ednjess »

A vow renewal is not a legal matter. The original marriage was. Anyone can preside over a renewal, no need to be ordained.
bobob1916

Post by bobob1916 »

I have been an ordained minister for about 4 years now. Very easy and have married many of my friends.

http://www.themonastery.org/
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

Because they are already married, anyone can perform the cermony.

My daughter was legally married at our local courthouse. Then we travelled "home" to another state and held a wedding ceremony with my sister-in-law as celebrant. The three of them wrote the ceremony themselves. It was non-traditional although it contained many traditional elements, very unique and personal.

Then they travelled to Canada(his home)and had a third Hindu ceremony there with his family and friends.

They now have three anniversary dates!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

I'm so silly! Since I just did my vow renewal on Captain John Brandi's boat and he did our vows, you think I would have answered this a little better. I think I misunderstood your initial request and that you wanted only someone ordained which Mary could definitely help you out!! :oops:

good luck my husband enjoyed his surprise immensely!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting