STJ sucked us back again! Found good ticket prices for Feb.

Travel discussion for St. John
PA Girl

STJ sucked us back again! Found good ticket prices for Feb.

Post by PA Girl »

As it came time to plan our annual winter trip, our group decided to break up for 2013. Someone feels the need to work on her bucket list and go to Key West. While we will miss them, we needed to push on and get planning.

We decided to go back to VG. I corresponded with two agents, got some house ideas and started looking at airfare.

And then it started to become work, we couldn't find a house with availability for our dates and the airfare was crazy expensive. As I was looking at getting from STT to VG via the ferries and calculating the travel time door to door, it didn't excite me the way planning for STJ does.

We made a list of things we want to do on STJ, some first time things for us, others will be a first for our son. Turns out, there are still new things for us to explore even after 10+ trips.

I booked the tickets and Capt John yesterday and am sending the rental deposit today.

If anyone is looking at February travel, I saw low to mid $500s on USAIR for high season/weekend dates with good arrival times, like a 2:35 pm arrival from PHL.
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Good for you PA Girl! It really doesn't suck to get sucked back into such a fun island! I bet the weather is spectacular in Feb. and a boat day with Capt. John is the icing on your tropical cake~ :wink: Now you can sit back and relax and dream about your upcoming trip! :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

That sounds familiar...
We were looking for a big way to celebrate 20 years of marriage and hubby's 60th birthday and had really decided to give STJ a miss this year. I kept trying to find the perfect new spot. But then one day I just asked DH if he wouldn't just prefer to go back to warm, comfy STJ, where things seem easy and are familiar. I think it took me about 24 hours to nail everything down. And the best part was the response I got from Eileen at Sailview when we told her we were going to be coming back instead of skipping a year. Since the time all the details were squared away until today, we've never second guessed our decision.
STJ not soon enough come!
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

I just this minute booked on American Airlines from Boston to St. Thomas thru Miami for March 2013. Round trip for the two of us was $824. Now if they don't go screwing around with the schedule we can arrive in Cinnamon Bay Campground before dark this time!!
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Hi PA Girl! Were they non-stop or 1 stops? I have checked some random dates and keep getting high 600's. I would love to go for my bday in February but it is President's week and that is always pricey. Though, 2 of my bff's have birthdays the week before mine so we may have to suck it up and go for a girls trip! I better start practicing driving on the left!! :wink:
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Donna - I sent you a PM with details
petepie

Post by petepie »

Spirit is running about $431 R/T out of BWI to STT in Feb.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Exciting! Now you need to get yourself a ticker! Maybe we'll be there at the same time? I'm going back to do 8 Tuff again with friends and this time bringing DH and the kiddos.
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

It looks like we're starting to get the February crowd together. I really think the beach bar needs to get some forum gathering markers, wristbands, necklaces, etc. that folks can borrow for the evening so we can easily find each other :)
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We are definately up for a Beach Bar gathering. Our last day on STJ is the 17th so I think we miss 8 Tuff Miles.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

PA Girl: we're arriving on your last day, so unfortunately we won't be sharing a painkiller at the Beach Bar. But we both have something to look forward to next February!