Weather in April,May,or June

Travel discussion for St. John
mlr214

Weather in April,May,or June

Post by mlr214 »

Hi Everyone,
My husband and I just returned from our first trip to STJ and I'm hard at work planning our next visit. We stayed in Coral Bay April 21-28. The weather was great and I'd like to return next April but it might have to wait until May or June. I've heard that May gets the most rain, how is the weather in June? How is the rain and heat compared to April in May and June?
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Pia predicts a rainy week in April or May and in October, and that means that it rains most of the time, somewhere. I'd think you'd be dryer in June. Other than those rainy periods it does rain, but usually over night or quick little rains that pass quickly and leave rainbows :)
mlr214

Post by mlr214 »

Thanks, any comments on the temperature in June, is it a lot warmer/more humid than April?
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We always go in June..(see ticker below) :D We have also been in April to me the water was cold...we didnt snorkel half as much as we normally do..June doesnt seem that much hotter to me..more humid than April, yes..but nothing unbearable IMO. I would never book in May, due to all the rain they have..We also went in August one yr...and I thought it was much like June..but given the choice of April May or June..June wins hands down..:)
[/url]
psufan

Post by psufan »

We have traveled in mid June, late May, and late April. We had our best weather in June. Late April was noticeably less humid but June wasnt bad especially if you have a villa that catches the breezes. This last trip the water was a bit cooler than previous trips but midway through the week there was a change in the weather and a noticeable change in the water temp. We had a fair amount of rain in our April and May trips and the beaches were a bit more " crowded" than in June.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

We have been to St. John in early April, mid May, and early June. The weather was good each time, but I definitely prefer the water temperature in May and June. I wasn't comfortable snorkeling in April, except on the south shore. The humidity there has never been an issue for me, but I'm accustomed to very humid summers here in Kentucky. I like pretty hot weather...working on planning an August trip to St. John! :D
Image[/url]
INfamily

Post by INfamily »

We were just on St John May 5 -12 and we had WAY too much rain, plus the water was too chilly for me to snorkel.