Coral Bay Trip repor: Day 8

Travel discussion for St. John
Xislandgirl

Coral Bay Trip repor: Day 8

Post by Xislandgirl »

Vie's, Finally!

Breakfast at the villa after our usual lazy routine and packed up and headed out.

We parked the jeep and were met by a voice from the house above. Kitchen closed because of STT Carnival :cry: :cry: :cry:
After almost 20 years, I finally get there and they are closed. No Garlic Chicken :(
Our friend's were already there so we paid our fee and, with sad stomachs, set up on the beach.

There was a ray swimming along the shoreline and some tarpon having a feeding frenzy that we watched for a while.
Angel's Rest pulled up and anchored and we swam out for a beer. Hanging out on the upper sun deck and chatting with some girls that lived on island.
Bev and Steve arrived so we swam ashore and hung out until our stomachs could not hold out any longer.

We heading to Skinnys for burgers, YUM, did a little shopping and headed back to the villa after a quick stop at Lilly's for sandwich fixings for the plane ride home.
We started the preliminary pack, cleaned out the fridge, and made sure the jeeps were clean of sand.

We all showered and headed down to Island Blues for dinner. The waitress that was scheduled had been bit by a spider and that left the bartender, the cook, and Colette as wait staff. They did a great job!

We had a great meal. Conch Fritters, that almost rivaled the ones that Chip makes, Edamame that has an awesome Asian spice blend on them followed by their new special Mahi sandwich. It is so good, you have to go and get it! We finished up with Key Lime Pie and made our last ride up the hill.
We took in the evening view once more and off to bed.
INfamily

Post by INfamily »

I noticed that you "bought sandwich fixin's for the plane ride home". Is it possible to take food through security at the St Thomas airport?
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

INfamily wrote:I noticed that you "bought sandwich fixin's for the plane ride home". Is it possible to take food through security at the St Thomas airport?
It certainly is and we do it every trip. Airplane food is not an option for me!
INfamily

Post by INfamily »

Thanks for the info! Airport and airplane food are a no - go for us, too.