Travel ticker challenged

Travel discussion for St. John
Myheart'sinSTJ

Travel ticker challenged

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Could anyone possibly tell me how to attach a travel ticker to a post? I apologize in advance for being travel ticker challenged..... :( Thanks TJ[/url]
News of St. John

Post by News of St. John »

It's very easy. Create your ticker on a ticker site. (You can easily Google it and will find a bunch.) Once you make your ticker, you will see HTML code. Copy the code and then go to your Profile on this site. You will see a spot to paste the code. It's that simple!
Jenn, News of St. John
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Thank you for your help, I'm going to try it, wish me luck :wink:
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Thank you for your help, I'm going to try it, wish me luck :wink:
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Looks good!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
STX lady

Post by STX lady »

:D
dreamshark

Re:

Post by dreamshark »

CTBeachGirl wrote:It's very easy. Create your ticker on a ticker site. (You can easily Google it and will find a bunch.) Once you make your ticker, you will see HTML code. Copy the code and then go to your Profile on this site. You will see a spot to paste the code. It's that simple!
It may seem simple to you, but I'm not getting it. WHERE exactly are you supposed to paste the ticker code? I looked through all the tabs in my Profile edit screen and didn't see anything anywhere that said, "Paste ticker code here."

I tried pasting it into my signature block as a URL, but that didn't work. I tried pasting it without the url tags, and that didn't work. What am I missing?
News of St. John

Re: Travel ticker challenged

Post by News of St. John »

When you are signed in Dreamshark, click on the User Control Panel, which is in the light blue bar above this post. Then click the Profile tab on the top. Then click the Edit Signature tab on the left. You can paste it there.

When you are getting the code, you may have two options. If there is an option for BB or message boards, that is the code you want to copy.

I hope this helps!
Jenn, News of St. John
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

CTBeachGirl wrote: When you are getting the code, you may have two options. If there is an option for BB or message boards, that is the code you want to copy.
That was the problem - I was trying to use the "HTML" format code. I think I've got it now. Thanks!!

ETA. Hmm. No, I don't QUITE seem to have it yet. Closer, but... :lol:
What am I doing wrong? I can see the ticker in tickerfactory with the countdown on it, but in my post it's just the background picture and the little stranded swimmer - no goal, no countdown.
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

dreamshark wrote:
CTBeachGirl wrote: When you are getting the code, you may have two options. If there is an option for BB or message boards, that is the code you want to copy.
That was the problem - I was trying to use the "HTML" format code. I think I've got it now. Thanks!!

ETA. Hmm. No, I don't QUITE seem to have it yet. Closer, but... :lol:
What am I doing wrong? I can see the ticker in tickerfactory with the countdown on it, but in my post it's just the background picture and the little stranded swimmer - no goal, no countdown.
Try going back and changing your font color.. I can barely see "5 months til st. John" in white font.
BetsyV

dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

betsyv wrote:
dreamshark wrote:
CTBeachGirl wrote: Try going back and changing your font color.. I can barely see "5 months til st. John" in white font.
Brilliant debugging work, BetsyV (not to mention amazingly good eyesight!). That was it. After a little experimentation I realized that the root of the problem was trying to use the "dark" format from TickerFactory. It was supposed to be a black background with white lettering. I was getting the white lettering, but no black background. I switched to "Light" and bingo! I still think "dark" looks cooler, but at this point I'll settle for "working." :lol:

Thanks, Betsy!!!!