The Epitomy of Laziness

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
greyhoundmom

The Epitomy of Laziness

Post by greyhoundmom »

So, you walk from your back office five feet from the copier, all the way to the front of the suite to my office to ask me to make you a copy? REALLY???? It boggles the mind. He's young, inexperienced and sweet. But he's growing a head the size of a watermelon. Sweet Baby Jesus, please, after 40 years of working, save me from the young guy who thinks I am his momma (p.s. I am so not your momma!!). Three and a half more years and I'm out, unless I win the lottery! Does anyone else have a laziness rant??!! :roll:
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Last week I was in BJ's walking down the refrigerated food section and the guy in front of me left every door wide open after he grabbed the milk, then oj, then eggs. I was right behind him and I asked him if was to much for him to shut the doors? He just looked at me. I called him a jerk. I felt much better :)

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
Terry

Post by Terry »

Great thread. How about the person that complains that the copier is out of paper, instead of loading it. Or the person that complains that the shredder is full and won't shred anymore, instead of just emptying it. These are the same people that at home, I bet don't replace the empty toilet paper roll or the paper towel roll.

This is why I'm retiring next June of 2013. It's the little stuff that gets to ya and that's when you know it's time. 8)

Do any of you actually have a person that makes it a point to actually pick a fight at the weekly staff meeting with someone on the staff? Only to have everyone sip coffee eagerly and look down at their notes? Uncomfortable.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Terry wrote:Do any of you actually have a person that makes it a point to actually pick a fight at the weekly staff meeting with someone on the staff? Only to have everyone sip coffee eagerly and look down at their notes? Uncomfortable.
There were two of these at a former job.

The one was truly toxic and wicked. It was chilling how he knew how to pick his "victims" It was like watching a storm develop. The day he met his match, a bunch of us were jumping up and down in the parking lot after the meeting, celebrating his embarassment. He quit shortly after.

The other one was just a fool and the big boss would just roll his eyes and say "are you done yet?"

You know, people are really the same no matter where you go. The copier and fax machine were located outside of my office. I remember how the guys (and it often seems to be the men) would pace back and forth (not unlike Rainman), mumbling about the copier paper. I don't know if they thought putting paper in was above or below their pay grade!
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Intersting replies! At the office, it's pouring the last of the pot of coffee into your cup and sitting it back on the burner, putting a new roll of paper towels beside the holder but not putting it on, putting your dirty coffee cups in the sink (which has a big sign above it saying, please put your cups in dishwasher). At home it's putting a new roll of toilet paper on top of the old cardboard tube, loading dishwasher but not starting it, drinking the last of something and leaving empty carton in fridge (this has gotten better over the years!), depositing a dryer load of laundry in the floor and leaving it there so you can put another load in......the list is endless!! :?
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

I used to be Exec. Admin. to 3 VPs of Sales at an incentive travel company. For some reason the bitch marketing VP would walk past the fax machine, which was RIGHT NEXT to her office, down the hall, through the reception lobby to the other end of the hall where my desk was, and ask me to fax stuff for her! In the FIRST place, I wasn't her admin., in the 2nd place, what was her point? I assumed it was because she thought it beneath her VP status to fax her own stuff and I was the peon paid to do the bidding around there. After following her back down the hall to her office a couple of times, where I had to go to fax her stuff, I told her exactly what I thought... I don't work there anymore. I must admit, I had a lot of jobs in my life because I just don't put up with that kind of B.S. In the long run, it never mattered because now I'm retired, collecting my Social Security and living the good life. Those kind of people can go pound sand!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

How about someone asking you to order more coffee cream from peapod 1 hour before going out on 3 days Bereavement leave (the person who normally ordered was out that week, I didn’t). The same ass is also the one who bring up issues in meetings no one cares about
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Unfortunately, it seems this is what we must deal with in order to keep our jobs. I work with a personality that is controlling, wound tight as a gnat's a**! I have become very flexible (as in bending over backwards to accommodate in some instances) so we can make it work. I don't like the fact that I am really between a rock and a hard place but at my age I suck it up, knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel :)
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

I can prove that it starts young. I teach very small high school special ed classes. I have boys who ask for a pencil because they do not want to look in their bookbag or sit and wave there paper at me to have me correct it...REALLY?... Get up and give it to me, I am 4 times your age ( and in better shape LOL)
Terry

Post by Terry »

Does anyone have a "cruise director" in their office?

Our Cruise Director is also our "Debbie Downer". Wah-Wah. http://www.hulu.com/watch/19280/saturda ... hday-party

She brings every conversation to a hault with her negativity and then turns around and expects us to love her ideas when it comes to planning social events...like retirement parties or bridal showers for co-workers, etc. Really?

A mix of C.D. and D.D. is like oil and water.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Terry wrote:Does anyone have a "cruise director" in their office?

Our Cruise Director is also our "Debbie Downer". Wah-Wah. http://www.hulu.com/watch/19280/saturda ... hday-party

She brings every conversation to a hault with her negativity and then turns around and expects us to love her ideas when it comes to planning social events...like retirement parties or bridal showers for co-workers, etc. Really?

A mix of C.D. and D.D. is like oil and water.
We had a coffee angel. She spent the majority of her day either cuddling her coffee mug like she just came in from an artic expedition or running from office to office with the pot, pushing coffee on everyone. We worked together for years, every single day I declined coffee and every single day she tried to push coffee on me.
JT

Post by JT »

Many years ago I lived in a large group house with about ten other people,situated on 20 acres. Many of us had pets. I concluded while living there that the world was divided into two groups of people; those that would see a pile of dog crap and clean it up, and those who who would see a pile of dog crap and walk by it pretending that they didn't see it.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

Dog crap? Sorry, I couldn't see it over my coffee mug! :lol:
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Florida Girl wrote:Dog crap? Sorry, I couldn't see it over my coffee mug! :lol:
Ha! Ha!
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Does anyone have a "cruise director" in their office?

Terry, our cruise director is affectionately known as "control freak!" We have a very flexible work envionment, everyone takes time out of their day to get a haircut, get their car serviced, go to the bank, meet a service person at their house (aside from their lunch hour.) I was told recently by the control freak that we don't do that because that would be stealing from the company! This person imposes this rule on self and expects me to follow suit. I said show me where our policy says you can't do what everyone else is doing. The reply was, they are in a ship and we are in a canoe. Lord, don't make me kill her for 3 more years!!!!! :?