The Epitomy of Laziness

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Terry

Post by Terry »

OMG! You hit the nail on the head! Our Cruise Director is the control freak. She is in charge of calculating everyone's paid leave and thinks that she can dictate to all of us when they can be gone.

She even put on her resume that she is never gone from work! Seriously.

Good call!
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

I have tried to analyze the personality for six years. The CF has confided over the years that abused as a child, several marriages, physical abuse in 16 year marriage. I feel like I understand where the power play comes from but am always trying to have the non-confrontational approach when getting to heart of the issue. I said in a Friday staff meeting 2 years ago that I was going to be out for a Monday a.m. doctor's appt. as we were going over calendars. When we got out off meeting CF raked me over the coals for not checking first to make sure she didn't have anything that morning! I was floored, only time I've ever been so angy that I've cried. CF can be fun at times but is out of her comfort level when I have too much fun with fellow employees. She needs so much intervention!!!
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

greyhoundmom wrote:they are in a ship and we are in a canoe.
Whaaaaa??? I don't get that!

Edited to add... I'm SO GLAD I don't have to work anymore! I cannot deal with people like we're talking about. I think my stress level has gone way down since I don't have to be around those freaks anymore! LOL!
Terry

Post by Terry »

Sad for me to know that probably every office has a control freak.(CF)

"I've ever been so angy that I've cried." Greyhound, I've done the same thing.

Our CF finally confessed just this year that her Mom died when CF was 13 by committing suicide. I gave up analyzing that. Her brother lives in our subdivision and I get along with him fine. We were swimming in our neighborhood pool one Sunday years back when CF had just started working in our department and I told him that I was working with his sister. His reply, (no kidding) was "I'm sorry." :shock:

When I get tired of her repulsive controlling, I remember his comment and it puts everything into perspective.

Florida Girl...13 more months and I will be in your happy place! Wahoo!!!! :D
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

I think some of this "I'm too good to make my own copies" BS comes from above. By contrast, I work for a small firm (26 employees; ~ $10M/year revenue) where the CEO is the one to order sodas etc. from Peapod and office supplies from Staples, AND he'll often be the one to take delivery and put the stuff away. Sr VPs and Directors all pitch in to do admin-type stuff along with our more 'glam' stuff.

I worked for a few years for a very large consulting firm that was SO level-conscious and hierarchical - yuck, hated it, and people got a lot less done because they were so concerned about either stepping on toes or doing something "below" them. Stupid.

I think everyone should work for a start up at least once in their career. I'll never forget the CEO of one start up I worked for. At my interview, he explained the company culture by telling me "Not only do I make the coffee, but I'm the one who went out and bought the coffee maker and mugs."
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

I owned my own small business for 6 years & had two people working for me. I also cleaned the toilet and took out the trash. :D
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

FG, the comment about "they're in a ship and we're in a canoe" was CF's attempt to say they are men and can come and go as they please while we are the support staff and must adhere to a different policy. I'm saying if it isn't written, who'll have a problem? Obviously, only CF!! The guys don't care. It is the limitations that CF imposes on herself and me that make it so difficult not to set her hair on fire and put if out with a hammer....just saying...sigh... :shock: :lol:
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

LMAO, GHM! The only time I've ever stayed in a canoe was in Girl Scount camp! :P
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

greyhoundmom wrote: that make it so difficult not to set her hair on fire and put if out with a hammer....just saying...sigh... :shock: :lol:
LMAO...I like that...LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/url]
toni

Post by toni »

laziness----boss has a paper shredder in his office, it gets full, but instead of dumping it, he comes back to my area, probably 60 feet away to use my shredder :shock:

he has a garbage can in his office with a plastic bag in it....wonder if he knows what that's for???

hmmmm
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

We of course have our office full of personalities. There are the Gloom & Doom managers. Gloom cannot accomplish anything unless there is impending global destruction drama on the horizon (and of course there always is but only her crisis matter) Doom is convinced that nothing is going to work. nothing. Of course the only reason anything works is because he is here to make it work. I don't know how this company operates when he is on vacation. Then we have the people who must believe that their mother works here on the night shift. There is no reason to clean up the mess in the break room that is left after coffee or lunch as someone else will take care of it. This is often an attribute of fresh out of school workers and is often closely linked to the attitude that putting paper in the copier or printer is "not in my career path". First time I heard the statement "that work is not in my career path "I suggested that they start practicing the phrase "would you like fries with your order?" as anyone not willing to take one for the team is destined to be working for minimum wage.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"